2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2012 9:53 PM by xs06974

How to get the bpmn file validation information

xs06974

Hi guys, I am a beginner of Jbpm, and I started with jbpm5 following the jbpm-installer. I am trying to add some new progresses in which some human tasks involved and the bpmn files is put under %jbpm_installer_dir%/sample/evaluation/src/main/resources/. When I restarted the jbpm_console after the bpmn modification, I can't find any process in the Jbpm console until I delete the new bpmn file I added and restarted the console. So I guess there should be something wrong with the new bpmn file I added.But I don't know how to validate the bpmn file more friendly, or view the console log to get some clause. It cost me so much time to modify my bpmn file step by step to figure out the issue. Anyone have good idea to validate the bpmn file or how to view the validation log?

the attached is an example bpmn file that can't be identified by JBPM console and I still can't figure out why.

by the way, I didn't deploy the designer.war,drools-guvnor.war and jbpm-form-builder.war because these three war files will take a long time to reboot the Jboss.

• 1. Re: How to get the bpmn file validation information
          xs06974

Plus: I use below code to validate the bpmn file programmatically and can't find any error in the attached bpmn file. But the Jbpm Console still can's show any process.

KnowledgeBuilder kbuilder = KnowledgeBuilderFactory.newKnowledgeBuilder();

kbuilder.add(ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource("Test0.bpmn"), ResourceType.BPMN2);

if(kbuilder.hasErrors()){

Iterator itr = kbuilder.getErrors().iterator();

while(itr.hasNext()){

KnowledgeBuilderError error = (KnowledgeBuilderError)itr.next();

System.out.println(error.getMessage());

}

}

• 2. Re: How to get the bpmn file validation information
            xs06974

Hi guys, the question I depicted has been solved by myself. I just give some comments for further reference.

The jbpm version that caused the problem was jbpm 5.3. Once I upgraded to 5.4, the question disappeared. But if you upgrade from 5.3 to 5.4, you need to run ant clean.db firstly. otherwise you will encounter very weird transaction issue.