1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 11, 2012 2:55 AM by cliviu

java.util.zip.ZipException when deploying under JBoss 7.1.1

cliviu

Hi,

I'm trying to deploy a web application under JBoss. the libraries are copied under WEB-INF/lib.

JBoss has problems to deploy my application : 

16:49:51,260 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] (MSC service thread 1-6) MSC00001: Failed to start service jboss.module.spec.service."deployment.external./home/codegen/dependencies/java/stable/dependencies/libs/google-api-client-1.10.3-beta.jar".main: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.module.spec.service."deployment.external./home/codegen/dependencies/java/stable/dependencies/libs/google-api-client-1.10.3-beta.jar".main: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

at org.jboss.as.server.moduleservice.ExternalModuleSpecService.start(ExternalModuleSpecService.java:65) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.2.GA.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:886) [rt.jar:1.6.0_37]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:908) [rt.jar:1.6.0_37]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662) [rt.jar:1.6.0_37]

Caused by: java.util.zip.ZipException: error in opening zip file

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.open(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.6.0_37]

at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<init>(ZipFile.java:127) [rt.jar:1.6.0_37]

at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:135) [rt.jar:1.6.0_37]

at java.util.jar.JarFile.<init>(JarFile.java:99) [rt.jar:1.6.0_37]

at org.jboss.as.server.moduleservice.ExternalModuleSpecService.start(ExternalModuleSpecService.java:63) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

... 5 more

Please, anybody has an ideea what am I doing wrong ?

Thanks,

Liviu

• 1. Re: java.util.zip.ZipException when deploying under JBoss 7.1.1
          cliviu

Hi,

I answer myself, I have found that the problem was that the Manifest.mf of one of the libraries contained references to other libraries which were not in the classpath :

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Archiver-Version: Plexus Archiver

Created-By: Apache Maven

Built-By: rmistry

Build-Jdk: 1.6.0-google-v4

Implementation-Title: Google APIs Client Library for Java

Implementation-Version: 1.10.3-beta

Implementation-Vendor-Id: com.google.api-client

Implementation-Vendor: Google

Class-Path: google-oauth-client-1.10.1-beta.jar google-http-client-1.1

0.3-beta.jar gson-2.1.jar httpclient-4.0.3.jar httpcore-4.0.1.jar com

mons-logging-1.1.1.jar jackson-core-asl-1.9.4.jar xpp3-1.1.4c.jar pro

tobuf-java-2.2.0.jar jsr305-1.3.9.jar guava-11.0.1.jar

It looks like the JBoss runtime tries to open all the files from the classpath. No such problem with Glassfish ...