1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 9, 2012 1:31 PM by erasmomarciano

Twiddle queries

viveknangal

Hello Everyone.

I am new to JBOSS & in my company JBOSS 4.2.0 is in use currently(old fashined).

Question 1:

I am trying to run twiddle commands to fetch the Server details  but while executing it is throwing the below exception:Please suggest how to fix this

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Exception in thread main java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:/org/jboss/console/twiddle/Twiddle

Caused by java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.console.twiddle.Twiddle

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Question 2: Does Twiddle command can connect on JBOSS JNP port only  or we can use other ports as well

Question 3: How to connect to differen JBOSS server instances running on same JNP port & on same machine using TWIDDLE command

Please help in understand the the above mentioned my naive queries

Thanks a lot for your help in advance

Vicky

• 1. Re: Twiddle queries
          erasmomarciano

Hi

1) I think that you need to install either the OpenJVM or the Sun/Oracle JVM, and then set JAVA_HOME to that JVM.

2) and 3) question

Example that you can use with twiddle

To get the active session count for your own app.

./twiddle.sh --user=admin --password=admin --server=127.0.0.1 get jboss.web:type=Manager,path=/jmx-console,host=localhost activeSessions

To retrieve the thread queue size

./twiddle.sh --user=admin --password=admin --server=127.0.0.1 get jboss.system:service=ThreadPool QueueSize

To retrieve active thread counts

./twiddle.sh --user=admin --password=admin --server=127.0.0.1 get jboss.system:type=ServerInfo ActiveThreadCount

To retrieve the amount of free memory

./twiddle.sh --user=admin --password=admin --server=127.0.0.1 get jboss.system:type=ServerInfo FreeMemory

To get all processing stats from the HTTP acceptor on JBoss

./twiddle.sh --user=admin --password=admin --server=127.0.0.1 get jboss.web:type=GlobalRequestProcessor,name=http-127.0.0.1-8080

Invoke a thread dump

./twiddle.sh --user=admin --password=admin --server=127.0.0.1 invoke jboss.system:type=ServerInfo listThreadDump

Invoke a listing of CPU utilization

./twiddle.sh --user=admin --password=admin --server=127.0.0.1 invoke jboss.system:type=ServerInfo listThreadCpuUtilization

Total System memory

./twiddle.sh --user=admin --password=admin --server=127.0.0.1 get jboss.system:type=ServerInfo TotalMemory

Active Thread Count

./twiddle.sh --user=admin --password=admin --server=127.0.0.1 get jboss.system:type=ServerInfo ActiveThreadCount

~                                                                                                                                                                      

~                                                                                                                                                                      

~