1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 6, 2012 1:20 PM by jesper.pedersen

Physically closing a set of connections

earnest.dyke

Greetings all,

I am still working on my JCA and I have been presented with a new requirement that I am not sure how to handle.

As it stands now, my JCA can create connections to 1 of 8 physical servers and on any given server the connection can be associated with a given "account". I have this working by implementing a ConnectionRequestInfo class that identifies a host and account. Works great!

Now our ops people want me to provide them with a method of physically closing all of the connections to a given physical server. So I would need access to a list of connections in a pool through which I could loop looking for matching connections based on host name, then physically close each matching connection. I have looked through the spec and the Ironjacamar code and I cannot find any methods that would seem to help.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any and all relevant responses!

Earnie!

• 1. Re: Physically closing a set of connections
          jesper.pedersen

The IronJacamar container controls all the physical connections to the server(s). Atm there is no standard way of having the resource adapter request that all / some of ManagedConnections should be closed - but it is an idea for the specification

The simplest solution would be to deploy 8 CFs, each with their server configuration and use <min-pool-size>0</..><prefill>false</..>, then have the ops people call :flush-all-connection-in-pool for the right CF.

Of course that gives you 8 different JNDI names, so if the above doesn't work for you we will have to think some more, maybe ConnectionEvent.CONNECTION_ERROR_OCCURRED could be an option too; look at that...