6 Replies Latest reply on Dec 26, 2012 8:38 AM by lvlover

jBPM5.4 installer demo

sgt621

All,

I'm having an issue running the evaluation demo.  When I right click, debug as -> Java application, the app runs, but then I get the following runtime exception:

0    05/12 09:27:44,683[main] ERROR service.hornetq.HornetQTaskClientConnector.connect  - Unable to connect to server using configuration org-hornetq-core-remoting-impl-netty-NettyConnectorFactory?port=5153&host=127-0-0-1

org.jbpm.workflow.instance.WorkflowRuntimeException: [com.sample.evaluation:1 - Self Evaluation:2] -- Could not connect task client: on ip: 127.0.0.1 - port: 5153

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.trigger(NodeInstanceImpl.java:132)

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.triggerNodeInstance(NodeInstanceImpl.java:279)

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.triggerCompleted(NodeInstanceImpl.java:238)

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.StartNodeInstance.triggerCompleted(StartNodeInstance.java:49)

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.StartNodeInstance.internalTrigger(StartNodeInstance.java:41)

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.trigger(NodeInstanceImpl.java:126)

at org.jbpm.ruleflow.instance.RuleFlowProcessInstance.internalStart(RuleFlowProcessInstance.java:35)

at org.jbpm.process.instance.impl.ProcessInstanceImpl.start(ProcessInstanceImpl.java:194)

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.WorkflowProcessInstanceImpl.start(WorkflowProcessInstanceImpl.java:309)

at org.jbpm.process.instance.ProcessRuntimeImpl.startProcessInstance(ProcessRuntimeImpl.java:170)

at org.jbpm.process.instance.ProcessRuntimeImpl.startProcess(ProcessRuntimeImpl.java:140)

at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.startProcess(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:1098)

at org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.startProcess(StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.java:320)

at com.sample.ProcessTest.main(ProcessTest.java:31)

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not connect task client: on ip: 127.0.0.1 - port: 5153

at org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.GenericHTWorkItemHandler.connect(GenericHTWorkItemHandler.java:158)

at org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.GenericHTWorkItemHandler.executeWorkItem(GenericHTWorkItemHandler.java:180)

at org.drools.process.instance.impl.DefaultWorkItemManager.internalExecuteWorkItem(DefaultWorkItemManager.java:70)

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.WorkItemNodeInstance.internalTrigger(WorkItemNodeInstance.java:107)

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.trigger(NodeInstanceImpl.java:126)

... 13 more

• 1. Re: jBPM5.4 installer demo
          thomas.setiabudi

From the error stacktrace, seems like human task service is not up and running on port 5153

have you run ant start.demo?

Regards,

Thomas Setiabudi

• 2. Re: jBPM5.4 installer demo
            sgt621

Yes, ant start.demo gives the following:

C:\devtools\jbpm-installer>ant start.demo

Buildfile: C:\devtools\jbpm-installer\build.xml

download.db.driver.check:

[echo] Checking if db driver jar has been downloaded ....//db/driver/h2.jar

download.db.driver:

start.h2.check:

[echo] Checking if h2 db should be started ...

start.h2:

start.jboss:

check.jboss.version:

start.jboss5:

check.jboss.version:

start.jboss7:

start.eclipse:

start.demo:

BUILD SUCCESSFUL

Total time: 3 seconds

netstat -a doesn't show anything running on 5153.  i'm assuming the human task service server launches when I run ant start.demo and the client tries to connect when I right-click on the project in eclipse and run the debugger.  anyway to make sure that port is not blocked?  i get no error when i run ant start.demo

FYI, i'm a total jBPM newbie.

Thanks for your help,

Samira

• 3. Re: jBPM5.4 installer demo
              sgt621

Apparently, the issue is that I have JBOSS EAP6 installed and my JBOSS_HOME is set to it.  The demo installer installs its own JBOSS.  I believe the error was due to some sort of undefined state.

• 4. Re: jBPM5.4 installer demo
                sravanireddy

I too got the same error.

Can any one please help me in solving the error....

• 5. Re: jBPM5.4 installer demo
                  shahdhaval2020

Even i am getting same error plz help me out......i am a newbie to JBPM ....

• 6. Re: jBPM5.4 installer demo
                    lvlover

Hello,I have met the same problems and  havn't resolve it enen if trying many methods. would you like sharing your art ?

Thanks for your help.

zhimin.