4 Replies Latest reply on Dec 4, 2012 7:23 PM by iamnew

Need help on installing jBPM5

iamnew

Hi, I wanted to test out jBPM5 but I failed to start it up.

All I have done is downloaded jbpm-5.4.0.Final-installer-full.zip

Run ant install.demo

Installation finished

Open http://localhost:8080/, good, AS7 is running

Open http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console, failed,

HTTP Status 404 - /jbpm-console

Checked .\Demo\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\deployments

Found designer.war.failed, drools-guvnor.war.failed, jbpm-form-builder.war.failed, jbpm-gwt-console.war.failed, jbpm-gwt-console-server.war.failed, jbpm-human-task-war.war.failed

It seems all of the war files are not deployed successfully...

Attached is the server log

I mean, itsn't the ant script install.demo fool-proof enough to start up jBPM5 without any more configuration?

If we are supposed to add jar, create dependence, etc. It would be best to document it in the install.html.

Or it is just me?

Appreciate any help

Thank you!

• 1. Re: Need help on installing jBPM5
          thomas.setiabudi

Hi,

The default ant script should be simple enough and you does not need to add jar or anything.

Maybe you can provide more detail about your environment like your OS, does anything use port 8080?

Regards,

Thomas Setiabudi

• 2. Re: Need help on installing jBPM5

It looks like jbpm is taking a while to deploy on your box.  Probably it needs to wait longer or your box needs more oomph to deploy faster.  The JBoss deployment timeout is reporting that it is set to 300 seconds, you could try setting it longer in standalone.xml.

• 3. Re: Need help on installing jBPM5
              doboss

You didn't explicitly say so, but did you do an "ant start.demo" of did you just go into the JBoss directory and start it?

Also, if you already have a JBOSS_HOME environment variable set, make sure you unset/clear that before doing the install.demo and start.demo or it might install stuff to your existing installation.

• 4. Re: Need help on installing jBPM5
                iamnew

Hi, yes, Timothy is correct. After increasing the default-timeout and deployment-timeout (not sure which one is actually needed) inside standalone.xml everythings working now.

Except that not everything is straight out of the box, like I dont have drools tools installed in Eclipse (the ant script did install that for me, its just not available in Eclipse and bpmn files are not recognisable). Then I dont have the same package structure in guvnor like the one showing in the flash movie linked in the install.html. But yeah, its working now, thanks guys.

1 of 1 people found this helpful