1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 30, 2012 6:32 PM by thomas.setiabudi

Help with email node please.

keymaker19

Hi everybody i need help with the use of email node in a jbpm process. I read the documentation but i need a step by step guido in how to do that. My process is to deply in jbopm console so i have no class with main method. PLease i need to send an email from a email node to one address that is process variables. I need the steps to configure all related with email node. Thanks in advance

• 1. Re: Help with email node please.
          thomas.setiabudi

Hi Luis Victor,

My explanation here was based on this guide http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.4/userguide/ch.console.html#d0e4679

If you are using jbpm5.4.final full installer and you use JBPM-Console to start your process, here is what you can do:

A. If you have NOT run the "ant install demo"

1. Go to \jbpm-installer\conf\META-INF\ folder, and open CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf

2. The default CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf should looks like this:

[
            "Log": new org.jbpm.process.instance.impl.demo.SystemOutWorkItemHandler(),
          ]

3. You need to add a definition for "Email" service task Work Item Handler, so the file now should looks like this:

[
            "Email": new org.jbpm.process.workitem.email.EmailWorkItemHandler("host", "port", "username", "password"),
          ]

4. Make sure you have specified the correct host, port, username, and password there.

5. save the file, and then run the "ant install.demo"

6. The Email node that comes with JBPM5.4 full installer should works properly now

B. If you HAVE run the "ant install demo"

1. Go to \jbpm-installer\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\deployments

2. Open the jbpm-gwt-console-server.war and look into \jbpm-installer\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\deployments\jbpm-gwt-console-server.war\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\

3. Inside there, you should be able to find CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf

4. by default, the CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf content should be:

[
          ]

5. You need to add a definition for "Email" service task Work Item Handler, so the file now should looks like this:

[
            "Email": new org.jbpm.process.workitem.email.EmailWorkItemHandler("host", "port", "username", "password"),
          ]

6. Make sure you have specified the correct host, port, username, and password there.

7. Save the file and double check to make sure that now \jbpm-installer\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\deployments\jbpm-gwt-console-server.war\WEB-INF\classes\META-INF\CustomWorkItemHandlers.conf

has been updated to your latest modification.

8. that should be all, just start the server again either by using "ant start.jboss" or "ant start.demo" and the Email node that comes with jbpm5.4 full installer should works.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Thomas Setiabudi