1 2 Previous Next 24 Replies Latest reply on Nov 16, 2012 6:30 AM by mr.bee Go to original post
      • 15. Re: Management of IronJacamar
        mr.bee

Hi Jesper,

Actually i have read the deployed resource adapters using DMR API, but it only provide me the names of archive, runtime names and status or we can read the resource adapters and their connection definitions from standalone.xml file.

What i want is, to get the config properties from *-ra.xml file available in the *.rar file even if standalone.xml file did not have any connection definition defined. Just deployed the rar file in deployments

Is there a way to get that?

regards,

Nabeel Ahmed

• 16. Re: Management of IronJacamar
          jesper.pedersen

You will have to hook into connector/src/main/java/org/jboss/as/connector/services/mdr/AS7MetadataRepository.java and expose that in DMR. It would be a nice feature, so feel free to hack on it

• 17. Re: Management of IronJacamar
            mr.bee

HI Jesper,

I am not able to get the instance of AS7MetadataRepository.java.

What will be the code sample to get the instance and how to make connection with Jboss ?

My goal is to make standalone application to access the deployed resource adapters, actually i want to load the config properities from *-ra.xml file

regards,

Nabeel Ahmed

• 18. Re: Management of IronJacamar
              jesper.pedersen

Its a service within AS with a name of ConnectorServices.IRONJACAMAR_MDR, so you need to add a dependency on it from your code and get it injected - ...addDependency(ConnectorServices.IRONJACAMAR_MDR, AS7MetadataRepository.class, service.getMdrInjector()).

First you need to hook up the MDR to the DMR model under subsystem/jca/mdr, and make operations available to query it. Then the domain model infrastructure will take care of the rest, and you can have your standalone client access it that way.

I would start here - https://community.jboss.org/wiki/DetypedDescriptionOfTheAS7ManagementModel

• 19. Re: Management of IronJacamar
                mr.bee

I am getting confused, can you explain a bit more?

• 20. Re: Management of IronJacamar
                  jesper.pedersen

My point is that you can't access the service directly from a standalone client. You have to have a layer in-between - in this case DMR.

Like you can't access JCA controlled resources remotely, so you have to add a layer in-between, like a servlet or an EJB.

Follow a specific JCA operation, like :test-connection, to see how it should be done.

• 21. Re: Management of IronJacamar
                    muhammad.kamran

Jasper !

Can it be used directly in a servlet. instead of going the DMR way ?. by  adding dependency in servelet to ConnectorServices.IRONJACAMAR_MDR and then query mdr methods to get the resource adaptor configuration information.

• 22. Re: Management of IronJacamar
                      jesper.pedersen

No - a servlet will have to use the DMR API.

• 23. Re: Management of IronJacamar
                        muhammad.kamran

Thanks . i have been using the DMR through jboss-cli.bat.

"Its a service within AS with a name of ConnectorServices.IRONJACAMAR_MDR, so you need to add a dependency on it from your code and get it injected - ...addDependency(ConnectorServices.IRONJACAMAR_MDR, AS7MetadataRepository.class, service.getMdrInjector())."

where to have it coded then. ?

Thanks

• 24. Re: Management of IronJacamar
                          mr.bee

How to expose this in DMR?

Please help?

thanks

1 2 Previous Next