2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2012 7:31 PM by sebastian8712

Disabling DemoAuthenticator proving difficult for drools-guvnor web access

user111

I've downloaded the latest and greatest: jbpm-5.3.0.Final-installer-full.zip

The demo's are working fine.  But now I want to disable the DemoAuthenticator for drools-guvnor and use the JAAS authentication.

The documentation says to modify 'beans.xml' which I've done.  I appear to be modifying a temp file (jbpm-installer/jboss-as-7.0.2.Final/standalone/tmp/vfs/tempdad00447428faca5/drools-guvnor.war-17e4a9b2024ff8ba/WEB-INF/beans.xml)  as it get's overwritten evertime I restart the demo  (ant start.demo.noeclipse).

So, simple question: how do you enable authentication for drools-guvnor using the Final-installer?

Cheers,

Geoff.

• 1. Re: Disabling DemoAuthenticator proving difficult for drools-guvnor web access
          user111

So, I've done some more digging.

jbpm-5.3.0.Final-installer-full.zip contains the war files for drools-guvnor, designer, jbpm-form-builder etc.

To modify beans.xml to enable drools-guvnor authorisation, requires unjar'ing the drools-guvnor.war. 

So I've done that, modified beans.xml as per: http://docs.jboss.org/drools/release/5.4.0.Final/drools-guvnor-docs/html/ch14.html and redeployed the jar.

These are the changes I've made in beans.xml:

<!-- JAAS based authentication -->

<security:authenticatorName>jaasAuthenticator</security:authenticatorName>

<security:jaas.JaasAuthenticator>

<s:modifies/>

<!--

The following one will use the jaas configuration called "other",

which in jboss AS means you can use properties files for users.

-->

<jaasConfigName>other</jaasConfigName>

</security:jaas.JaasAuthenticator>

Now, when I start drools-guvnor I get the following errors:

05:20:50,442 ERROR [org.jboss.as.deployment] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) {"Composite operation failed and was rolled back. Steps that failed:" => {"Operation step-2" => {"Failed services" => {"jboss.deployment.unit.\"drools-guvnor.war\".WeldService" => "org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment.unit.\"drools-guvnor.war\".WeldService: org.jboss.weld.exceptions.DefinitionException: Exception List with 1 exceptions:

Exception 0 :

java.lang.Exception

at org.jboss.solder.config.xml.bootstrap.XmlConfigExtension.beforeBeanDiscovery(XmlConfigExtension.java:121)

• 2. Re: Disabling DemoAuthenticator proving difficult for drools-guvnor web access
            sebastian8712