1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 14, 2012 9:48 AM by splatch

Camel deployments and JMX on JBoss AS 7.1.1

jdestef

Hi Guys,

I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is intentional or a side effect of how camel deploys its JMX instrumentation. If you connect JConsole to JBoss AS 7.1.1 there is a domain name for org.apache.camel. There are various MBeans under it depending on what is currently being used in a Switchyard deployment. If you redeploy the switchyard jar file additional mbeans are registered under various sub-domain (components, context, endpoints, ect..) but the current ones aren't deleted. This leaves a bunch of "dead" mbeans hanging around. I did notice that if an mbean was created under the consumer sub domain that it was in fact replaced when a redeploy happens. No sure if this is an issue or not? Probably not optimal if one intends to use JMX to build command and control around Switchyard deployments.

Thanks

• 1. Re: Camel deployments and JMX on JBoss AS 7.1.1
          splatch

Hey John,

Could you share SwitchYard version you use? I tested 0.7-SNAPSHOT from latest trunk together with various quickstarts and there is no dead mbeans. Everything is cleaned up correctly after redeployment or undeployment of deploy units. Do you have some specific application you could share to let us reproduce the problem?

As we don't control camel context names or route elements you will observe that every deploy increase internal camel counter. So first deployment will get name camel-1, another will use camel-3 or camel-4 as we have one context created in mid time to initialize SwitchYard-Camel type conversion. The naming of camel contexts is definitelly something we can improve.

Best regards,

Lukasz