1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 4, 2012 1:58 PM by mpetransky

Failing to run JBoss from Eclipse

csvan

Dear community,

I am migrating from Netbeans/Glassfish to an Eclipse/JBoss environment, and I have a really annoying problem I cannot resolve.

I am running Fedora 17 (everything up to date), Eclipse 4.2.1, and JBoss 7.1.1. I have the latest version of the eclipse-jboss tools installed, and have installed every JBoss related package available. The problem is, whenever I try to run JBoss from within Eclipse, I get this error:

16:12:26,531 ERROR [org.jboss.msc.service.fail] MSC000001: Failed to start service jboss.deployment-mount-provider: org.jboss.msc.service.StartException in service jboss.deployment-mount-provider: JBAS015843: Failed to create temp file provider

at org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentMountProvider$Factory$ServerDeploymentRepositoryImpl.start(DeploymentMountProvider.java:111) [jboss-as-server-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc.jar:1.0.2.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1110) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09-icedtea]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:603) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09-icedtea]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:722) [rt.jar:1.7.0_09-icedtea]

I have googled this a LOT now, and tried every workaround I could find (including related problems mentioned on these forums). I have installed every single package I can find related to JBoss, I have even gone so far as to give chmod -R 777 to my entire JBoss directory, but nothing resolves it. It is made more frustrating by the fact that I CAN start JBoss normally using systemd, and the fact that the logfile doesn't really give me any clues to what is going wrong.

How can I troubleshoot this? I would be very grateful for any help!