2 Replies Latest reply on Sep 28, 2012 10:40 AM by andy00

Setting a whole process istance timer

andy00

Hi, I need to implement a sort of a timer whose scope is the entire (or a part of) process.

I want to start it when the process starts and then verify the duedate along all the nodes. If the duedate is reached, there would be a transition to a specific node.

Is there a way to achieve that?

• 1. Re: Setting a whole process istance timer
          edsdev

Not sure that I quite understand your question, but I will answer as best I can.

Create a Varaible for your workflow that is of type Date/Calendar/JodaTime/whatever you want/need

Initialize that date in your first step (or add a step for initialization) (or pass it into your workflow already initialized as a parameter)

In each step of your workflow add your logic for the due date check.

• 2. Re: Setting a whole process istance timer
            andy00

edsdev thanks for your answer, but I would like to avoid check that state of the timer in every node.

I solved creating a timer (create-timer tag) in an action event of a node, then deleting it (cancel-timer) in another node. I had a doubt beacuse documentation says timers are deleted automatically on node leaving, but with create-timer tag it seems they are "persistent" during the process flow.