2 Replies Latest reply on Oct 4, 2012 9:47 AM by shill

query an external database from a process

shill

I'm new with jbpm and evaluate for my purpose how I can use jbpm in my project.

In the last days I learned the basics for jbpm but I didn’t found any info’s about query an external database from a process.

Is this possible and how can I query a database from a business process.

For evaluation of a business process the relevant data are only store in a database. So I need to retrieving this data from database and query the database.

Does anybody now a tutorial or example? Or is there an other posibility to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance

Jo

• 1. Re: query an external database from a process
          supritchaudhary

Yes it is possible to query external database from process task handlers.

Study the Taskorm.xml. For custom database you need to defined the entry in Standalone.xml for database binding.

Then you can define you custom entity class in persistence.xml and you can define your query in orm.xml file that you need to include in persistence.xml

In Taskorm.xml you will see query for processes and tasks that jbpm use internally.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: query an external database from a process
            shill

Thanks for the info.

Meanwhile I had a solution without database queries. If I have more time I'll later change to database query.