1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 21, 2012 1:26 PM by matsoukis

jBPM 5.3 - Eclipse BPMN 2.0 Plugin - Could not open editor: assertion failed

matsoukis

Hi,

I've been using the old BPMN editor in eclipse.  I really like the new BPMN 2 editor with swim lanes and more,
      so I installed a fresh copy of Eclipse indigo and installed the BPMN plugin by following jBPM 5.3 Chapter 10 instruction
      of http://download.eclipse.org/bpmn2-modeler/site/  After a successful install, I see the BPMN in the
      Eclipse preferences, but when I create a BPMN diagram, I get an assertion error:

Could not open editor: assertion failed

With stack trace:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.AssertionFailedException: assertion failed:

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:110)

at org.eclipse.core.runtime.Assert.isTrue(Assert.java:96)

at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.setActivePage(MultiPageEditorPart.java:1065)

at org.eclipse.ui.part.MultiPageEditorPart.createPartControl(MultiPageEditorPart.java:352)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:670)

at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:465)

I've tried this install on Windows XP 32 bit, and also on Linux/Ubuntu 2.6.38 64-bit
      Using Eclipse Indigo 3.7.2.  Both have the same assertion failure.

Given that there are demo's of this plugins in the documentation, this is probably an install issue on my part.
      Any idea what I need to do to get the new BPMN editor to work correctly?

Thanks - sam.