4 Replies Latest reply on Oct 22, 2012 10:55 AM by kornilovs

Question about task names

jnorris

Hi All,

We came across a situation in jbpm5.2 where a drools:taskname value that was created when the human task form was created in the jbpm console was the same as one that was already in use in a different process.  This caused the running process instance not to function correctly.  Changing the drools:taskname value in the process definition file to a unique value and re-deploying fixed the issue.

So my question is, can the same drools:taskname value be used in multiple process definition files?

Thanks,

Jim

• 1. Re: Question about task names
          supritchaudhary

Yes drools:taskName can be same in multiple process definition files as along as id is unique.

If you use Drools Guvnor, to define your process, then unique id is generated by default.

Sample Code:

<bpmn2:userTask id="_4AA55365-51C2-4763-A036-B29F7CB3388A" drools:taskName="TaskOne" drools:scriptFormat="http://www.java.com/java" name="TaskOne">

<bpmn2:documentation id="_xHw7cfziEeGjpdv-RpU00A"><![CDATA[dsadads]]></bpmn2:documentation>

• 2. Re: Question about task names
            jnorris

That's what I assumed but that's not the behavior the person doing the testing observed which is why I posted this question.

Regards,

Jim

• 3. Re: Question about task names
              jnorris

As it turned out the id's were the same in the two definition files.

• 4. Re: Question about task names
                kornilovs

I have a same problem.

I tried to create two bpmn2 processes in different packages and used same name as Task name. HTML taskform has created with generation template. Then I start second process in jbpm-gwt-console, I see HTML task form from first bpmn2 process from another package. Where is my error?

Sorry for my poor english.

JBPM master version