5 Replies Latest reply on Sep 12, 2012 9:09 AM by santos.sandro

RAR deployment out of EAR

santos.sandro

Guys,

In my product, I have 4 JCA adapters and 7 ear modules that shares all 4 adapters.

What is expected as class loading architecture for JCA Adapters in JBoss 7.1.1? Since the manual says nothing (specific) about JCA adapters classloading.

Until JBoss 4.2.3.ga, the last server I worked a lot, a class deploied within JCA adapter rar archive was available for all my applications, for all classes within an EAR.

And now on JBoss 7.1.1 ? My ear classes want to lookup JCA connection factories. What the dependency I must set on my ear, since my .rar deployment are not modules but archives ?

[]'s

• 1. Re: RAR deployment out of EAR
          jesper.pedersen
          • 2. Re: RAR deployment out of EAR
            santos.sandro

Jesper,

I've alreaded read this sections 2 or 3 times, and see nothing specifically about rar classloading.

I'm trying to make my jar's inside my ear depends of the "deployment name" of the rar. Apparently it is working, but It would be really helpfull if we had something more specifically about rar classloading in the JBoss documentations.

I'm trying in the Ironjacamar forum too, but without help.

It doesn't seems weird a jar file (library) depends of an deployment ? I must be doing something really wrong.

Thanks,

• 3. Re: RAR deployment out of EAR
              santos.sandro

Ok, I can do the RAR deploy putting the file in the <AS7>/standalone/deployments. But the documentation says that this way is recomended only for development mode.

But, I can't deploy the RAR using the jboss-cli.bat for deployment ? What the <archive> clause I must use when using jboss-cli.bat ?

• 4. Re: RAR deployment out of EAR
                jesper.pedersen

You deploy the .rar as any other enterprise deployments - then you create an activation of the resource adapter.

deploy /tmp/eis.rar
                /subsystem=resource-adapters/resource-adapter=eis.rar/:add(archive=eis.rar,transaction-support=XATransaction)
                /subsystem=resource-adapters/resource-adapter=eis.rar/config-properties=server/:add(value=localhost)
                /subsystem=resource-adapters/resource-adapter=eis.rar/config-properties=port/:add(value=9000)
                /subsystem=resource-adapters/resource-adapter=eis.rar/connection-definitions=cfName:add(class-name=com.acme.eis.ra.EISManagedConnectionFactory, jndi-name=java:/eis/AcmeConnectionFactory)
                /subsystem=resource-adapters/resource-adapter=eis.rar/connection-definitions=cfName/config-properties=name/:add(value=Acme Inc)
                /subsystem=resource-adapters/resource-adapter=eis.rar/admin-objects=aoName:add(class-name=com.acme.eis.ra.EISAdminObjectImpl, jndi-name=java:/eis/AcmeAdminObject)
                /subsystem=resource-adapters/resource-adapter=eis.rar/admin-objects=aoName/config-properties=threshold/:add(value=10)
                /subsystem=resource-adapters/resource-adapter=eis.rar:activate

• 5. Re: RAR deployment out of EAR
                  santos.sandro

Wow, now I got my response.

Thanks Jesper.