9 Replies Latest reply on Sep 3, 2012 9:25 AM by giuliano.rap

Which versions for eclipse + JBoss AS + JDK  + JBossWS

giuliano.rap

Hi,

Where can I see the possible configuration supported to create web services?
      Like eclipse, jdk, JBossWS, JBoss AS, etc...

I am asking because my company has a system in JBoss AS 4.2.2 with jdk 1.6.0_07 and I need to create a web service. But when I try to create the web service using the eclipse wizard, I get the message:

Error: Could not generate. (use --show-traces to see full traces)
      java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/sun/codemodel/JExpression

at org.jboss.ws.tools.jaxws.impl.JBossWSProviderImpl.provide(JBossWSProviderImpl.java:89)

at org.jboss.ws.tools.jaxws.impl.JBossWSProviderImpl.provide(JBossWSProviderImpl.java:123)

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.tools.cmd.WSProvide.generate(WSProvide.java:184)

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.tools.cmd.WSProvide.main(WSProvide.java:77)
      Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.sun.codemodel.JExpression

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:301)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)

... 4 more

I am using the JBossWS from the JBoss AS, at JBossWS Preferences I just appointed to JBoss AS folder...

Any idea?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: Which versions for eclipse + JBoss AS + JDK  + JBossWS
          giuliano.rap

I am trying with eclipse Indigo, JBoss AS 4.2.2 with jdk 1.6.0_07. Also I got the jboss-ws-3.0.5.GA.
          But when I try to generate the web service, I get this message:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalStateException: Failed to load: org.jboss.ws.tools.jaxws.impl.JBossWSProviderFactoryImpl

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.util.ServiceLoader.loadDefault(ServiceLoader.java:203)

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.util.ServiceLoader.loadFromSystemProperty(ServiceLoader.java:136)

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.util.ServiceLoader.loadService(ServiceLoader.java:66)

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.tools.WSContractProvider.newInstance(WSContractProvider.java:86)

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.tools.cmd.WSProvide.generate(WSProvide.java:169)

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.tools.cmd.WSProvide.main(WSProvide.java:76)
          Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.ws.tools.jaxws.impl.JBossWSProviderFactoryImpl

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:200)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:188)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:251)

at org.jboss.wsf.spi.util.ServiceLoader.loadDefault(ServiceLoader.java:198)

Any idea?

• 2. Re: Which versions for eclipse + JBoss AS + JDK  + JBossWS
            spyhunter99

That's your problem right there, using eclipse with a plugin for web services. I have never gotten them to work, ever.

download the distribution for jbossws for the variety and version that you're using on your production system.

Then goto the deploy/bin folder and run wsconsume -k pathToYourWsdl.wsdl

Grab the generated sources and drop them into your project's src folder.

Implement the interface provided.

I posted a complete how to not that long ago, source was attached.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • 3. Re: Which versions for eclipse + JBoss AS + JDK  + JBossWS
              giuliano.rap

Thanks for helping!

For this command wsconsume I need to have the wsdl file?
              Because I have the interface from our consumer and I need to implement this interface, so it is a bottom-up development.
              Am I wrong?

• 4. Re: Which versions for eclipse + JBoss AS + JDK  + JBossWS
                giuliano.rap

Well, I tried a lot of times, but it doesn't work.

As adviced by me boss, I used Axis2 instead of JBossWS and the web service was generated properly.

So, no more JBossWS .
                Thanks spyhunter99!

• 5. Re: Which versions for eclipse + JBoss AS + JDK  + JBossWS
                  asoldano

You should really evaluate moving to a more recent application server version. JBoss 4.2.2 is really old.

• 6. Re: Which versions for eclipse + JBoss AS + JDK  + JBossWS
                    giuliano.rap

That's true Alessio...it would be better to migrate to a new version of application server...
                    But the company is not thinking about it right now, it would take a lot of time, maybe in the future....let's see
                    Thanks!

• 7. Re: Which versions for eclipse + JBoss AS + JDK  + JBossWS
                      peterj

Grab the free chapter 9 from JBoss in Action, that should help you get started: http://www.manning.com/jamae/chapter_9.pdf

The chapter is about web services on AS 5.1.0, but from what I recall web services work the same on 4.2.x.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                      • 8. Re: Which versions for eclipse + JBoss AS + JDK  + JBossWS
                        giuliano.rap

Thanks Peter! Your book is very good.

But now I am using Axis2, I think it is working properly.
                        My problem now is not related to the versions I guess.

In the service implementation, I need to call a seam component, like Component.getInstance(), but when I try it, it throws an error:

13:37:20,074 INFO  [PhaseInterceptorChain] Interceptor has thrown exception, unwinding now

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/seam/Component

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.AbstractInvoker.handleException(AbstractInvoker.java:147)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:116)

at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor$1.run(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:56)

at org.apache.cxf.workqueue.SynchronousExecutor.execute(SynchronousExecutor.java:37)

at org.apache.cxf.interceptor.ServiceInvokerInterceptor.handleMessage(ServiceInvokerInterceptor.java:92)

at org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorChain.java:221)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.ChainInitiationObserver.onMessage(ChainInitiationObserver.java:78)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletDestination.invoke(ServletDestination.java:92)

at org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.ServletController.invokeDestination(ServletController.java:214)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.ServletControllerExt.invoke(ServletControllerExt.java:157)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.RequestHandlerImpl.handleHttpRequest(RequestHandlerImpl.java:61)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.CXFServletExt.service(CXFServletExt.java:152)

at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:803)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:290)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:96)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)

at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:206)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:230)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:179)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:84)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)

at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:102)

at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.jca.CachedConnectionValve.invoke(CachedConnectionValve.java:157)

at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)

at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:262)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)

at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:583)

at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:446)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/jboss/seam/Component

at at.prosigma.fujitsu.service.FujitsuIntegrationServiceImpl.getFujitsuIntegrationAction(FujitsuIntegrationServiceImpl.java:120)

at at.prosigma.fujitsu.service.FujitsuIntegrationServiceImpl.createUsers(FujitsuIntegrationServiceImpl.java:65)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.jboss.wsf.container.jboss42.DefaultInvocationHandler.invoke(DefaultInvocationHandler.java:106)

at org.jboss.wsf.stack.cxf.AbstractInvoker.invoke(AbstractInvoker.java:111)

... 29 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.jboss.seam.Component

at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1358)

at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1204)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:319)

... 37 more

The component is in the same project as the web service implementation.

So, we have a seam project and now I am implementing another project as a web service. The second project (web service) will handle the login stuffs for the first project. The web service will be a .war in the first project.

Any idea?

Thanks!

• 9. Re: Which versions for eclipse + JBoss AS + JDK  + JBossWS
                          giuliano.rap

I think it is better to open a new question about it on Seam Forum...because this is not related to the configuration of web services any more I guess...
                          Thanks who tried to help!