1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 24, 2012 9:34 PM by okidoky

jboss-webservices.xml

okidoky

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBWS/Apache+CXF+integration#ApacheCXFintegration-Policyalternativeselector

"

Policy alternative selector

The Apache CXF policy engine supports different strategies to deal with policy alternatives. JBossWS-CXF integration currently defaults to the MaximalAlternativeSelector, but still allows for setting different selector implementation using the cxf.policy.alternativeSelector property in jboss-webservices.xml.

"

How? Googling for "cxf.policy.alternativeSelector" reveals a single link to the article above. Seems noone in the world has ever talked about this on the internet.

Looking at random jboss-webservices.xml files doesn't give me any hints as to how I would specificy this property.

• 1. Re: jboss-webservices.xml
          okidoky

Never mind...

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/JBWS/Advanced+User+Guide#AdvancedUserGuide-Configurationthroughdeploymentdescriptor

Didn't work, but someone commented that itsn't not supported until 7.2.0. So I'm bound to a nightly build now... hope it's really "stable".

Quick observation though. jbossws-cxf-server-4.1.0.Beta1.jar in org/jboss/wsf/stack/cxf/configuration/BusHolder.java (i'm looking at the code after decompiling mind you), I'm seeing this method:

private static AlternativeSelector getAlternativeSelector(Map props)

{

AlternativeSelector selector = new MaximalAlternativeSelector();

if(props != null && !props.isEmpty())

{

String className = (String)props.get("cxf.policy.alternativeSelector");

if(className != null)

try

{

Class clazz = Class.forName(className);

selector = (AlternativeSelector)clazz.newInstance();

}

catch(Exception e) { }

}

return selector;

}

I tried to add this to jboss-webserver.xml:

<property>

<name>cxf.policy.alternativeSelector</name>

<value>XYZXYZ</value>

</property>

with the intent to make purposely cause an exception, so that I have some feedback that tells me that indeed this property is the right one and is doing something.

After if doing nothing, I looking at the source, and saw how it absorbed the exception into nothingness. Someone should fix that.