6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 27, 2012 8:22 AM by cwitschel

how to fix "No diagram associated with process" issue?

victor_ma

Hi, all.

I am using jbpm5.1.

I create a process in eclipse, deploy it to drools-guvnor, and then rebuild the package, finally I can find the process in jbpm-console, but when I create a instance of the process, i can not see the diagram, some one can help? thanks!

• 1. Re: how to fix "No diagram associated with process" issue?
          calca

Hi Victor.

In order to see the diagram, you have to import to guvnor not only the process definition, but the exported image. This image has to be named <<ProcessID>>-image.png. For example, if you have your process:

<process processType="Private" isExecutable="true" id="MyTest" name="MyTest" tns:packageName="test" >

You have to import an image to guvnor called MyTest-image.png.

Nowadays, the console only gets images from the defaultPackage (https://issues.jboss.org/browse/JBPM-3277).

Hope it helps!

Demian

• 2. Re: how to fix "No diagram associated with process" issue?
            victor_ma

great, works fine, thanks a lot!

• 3. Re: how to fix "No diagram associated with process" issue?
              akoskm

Hi!

I created a simple project which includes a Human-Task and a script task.

My bpmn file has the following properties: Id: com.sample.hello; Name: HelloWorld; package: defaultPackage;

According to your suggestion I should name my image file as com.sample.hello-image.png, because com.sample.hello is the process id.

<process processType="Private" isExecutable="true" id="com.sample.hello" name="HelloWorld" tns:packageName="defaultPackage" >

In this video screencast (http://people.redhat.com/kverlaen/jBPM5-guvnor-integration.swf) krisv named the process image file as Hello-image.png (at 2:20 you can see that Hello is actually the Process Name not the Id).

I tried both suggestions but neither worked.

Currently I have three items in the default package (in drools-guvnor): sample.bpmn, HelloWorld-image.png and com.sample.hello-image.png but the process image won't show up in jBPM console.

Console version: 2.3.5.Final

Guvnor version: Version 5.4.0-SNAPSHOT

• 4. Re: how to fix "No diagram associated with process" issue?
                loaone

Hello

Please help guys. i have built my package in guvnor and its fine

but i can't see my process in the console.

What do u think is the problem???

• 5. Re: how to fix "No diagram associated with process" issue?
                  cwitschel

Hi,

I had the same issue. through empirical study (some might call trial and error) I figured your issue can be solved by clicking on the png button at the bottom left side of the guvnor process designer. This will generate the process picture and offer it to download afterwards. you can discard the download.

the image was created or updated anyway. afterwards build your guvnor package and the new image is deployed with it.

you have to repeat this step every time you make visual changes to the process or the diagram feature in the console will not work.

I also experienced that using swim lanes will mess up the diagram feature. the red arrows will be misplaced. my best guess is, that this is because the diagram feature is checking x,y position of the task objects they wand to point at. normally fine, but when the task box is within a swim lane box, the x,y is a relative value for the position within the swim lane box and not the ususal absolute value.

Hope you succeed.

• 6. Re: how to fix "No diagram associated with process" issue?
                    loaone

Hello.

I have tried your method, it didnt not work

can please guys help with this problem i have been stuck for weeks??

• 7. Re: how to fix "No diagram associated with process" issue?
                      cwitschel

Hi,

right, try using the the icon share process image instead. It worked for me. i just archive - deleted the my existing process image.

And then recreated it the button share process image in the process designer in guvnor web page.

A little pop up will come up saying creating process image. Afterwards you should have a process image in the other assets  section of the package where your process is created in.

Cheers

Christian