13 Replies Latest reply on Aug 21, 2012 8:14 AM by tmmaluleke

JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN

mab1990.amu

Hello,

How do I query jBPM engine through a simple java bean.

• 1. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
          salaboy21

What exactly do you want to query?

You can directly query the database if that what you want.

Cheers

• 2. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
            mab1990.amu

Hello,

I want to query the task assigned to a specific Actor

thanx Mauricio for the reply

• 3. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
              tmmaluleke

Hello,

I would like to know the example of a java bean class that i can use to query the jbpm engine inorder to retrieve the taskName, date created, owner, the comment of the task of a business process.

• 4. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
                salaboy21

Did you take a look at the documentation?

You need to interact with the Human Task module in order to query information about tasks that has been created as part of a business process.

Cheers

• 5. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
                  tmmaluleke

Hello,

Isnt possible to start JBPM without using the command prompt ant start.demo?

Regards,

TM Maluleke

• 6. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
                    salaboy21

Yes everything is possible,

how do you want to start it?

Cheers

• 7. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
                      tmmaluleke

Hello,

I would like to start it like other software e.g netbeans and flash builder(flex) you can have the shortcut on the desktop rather than going to the command prompt everytime,

because everytime when I restart my machine I am not able to connect to the task server with the Ip address(127.0.0.1, port 5445) so I want to avoid that.

• I want to know if I use the eclipse.exe that is in the JBPM-installer isnt going to start everything that I might need for the business process to work e.g(human task service, jboss, H2, etc).

Cheers

• 8. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
                        salaboy21

If you are on Window$ you can google how to create a shortcut to a bat file and then inside the bat file you can include the following command:

ant start.demo.noeclipse -> that will avoid starting eclipse everytime.

Cheers

• 9. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
                          tmmaluleke

is the a way u can start jbpm without using the demo version????

• 10. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
                            salaboy21

demo, just means that we use a demo configuration, so it's not a Limited version or something like that.

If you don't want the word "demo" you can open the build.xml file and replace the ant goal that is called demo for whatever you like

Cheers

• 11. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
                              tmmaluleke

Hello,

I have this small use case where I have to input the test marks for a specific student using the Script task, a decision must be taken if the avarage of the test is greater or less than 50 for which i used the Gateway(XOR) the. i have the User task for the administrator to approve or accept the student to the next grade and the end process but when i try to run it i get this error.

What may be the cause of these error?

Process Compilation error : org.drools.lang.descr.ProcessDescr@1972e3a

defaultPackage/Process_defaultPackage_Sample_Process_65e5cb8529f345baab60c687dbf065ed.java (13:425) : This method must return a result of type Object

defaultPackage/Process_defaultPackage_Sample_Process_65e5cb8529f345baab60c687dbf065ed.java (19:619) : This method must return a result of type Object

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not parse knowledge.

at org.drools.builder.impl.KnowledgeBuilderImpl.newKnowledgeBase(KnowledgeBuilderImpl.java:73)

at student.StudentEvaluation.readKnowledgeBase(StudentEvaluation.java:29)

at student.StudentEvaluation.main(StudentEvaluation.java:20)

• 12. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
                                salaboy21

Please, do no ask unrelated questions. The topic of this thread is:

JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN

Which doesn't mean anything, so stop adding more questions here. Create a different topic with a more descriptive name.

PS: the error that you are getting means that the Process file contains something wrong, and based on the description of the problem, you are probably missing a return statement in one of the Gateway conditions i.e.:

return (average > 50);

instead of:

(average > 50);

• 13. Re: JBPM ENGINE AND JAVA BEAN
                                  tmmaluleke

Hello,

My appology next time i will do that.

cheers