3 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2012 5:49 AM by geziefer

Arquillian Guides: Functional Testing using Drone

geziefer

I tried to follow the above mentioned guide, but when executing the test class I get the following error:

org.openqa.selenium.server.browserlaunchers.FirefoxChromeLauncher$FileLockRemainedException: Lock file still present!

After some googling I learned that this seems to be the combination of the used Selenium version and my Firefox 13 and Windows:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10980438/selenium-server-will-not-run-remotely-issues-launching-firefox

The dependencies were said to be like this:

http://seleniumhq.org/download/maven.html

So I added <version>2.24.1</version> to both of the Selenium dependencies, but this only led to another error:

Since I'm new to maven, what exactly needs to be done to let the test work correctly?

• 1. Re: Arquillian Guides: Functional Testing using Drone
          geziefer

I'm going to *ping* this question in the hope that @Dan Allen or someone takes a look at it, as it seems to be a common problem and I would like to use Selenium and Arquillian in combination.

• 2. Re: Arquillian Guides: Functional Testing using Drone
            iapazmino

Hello Alexander,

Maven is a tool used to build projects written in Java and some other languages which models a project in an XML structure inside a file usually called pom.xml. One of its strengths is dependency management. Here a short guide.

Both Arquillian and Shrinkwrap group their dependencies in BOMs, Bill Of Materials. You can check available versions in Maven Central.

To add Selenium resources into your project you should have added the Drone extension's BOM

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.arquillian.extension</groupId>

<artifactId>arquillian-drone-bom</artifactId>

<version>1.0.0.Final</version> -> this is the version in the Drone guide

<type>pom</type>

<scope>import</scope>

</dependency>

If you open this project's pom you'll see what are the dependencies it relies on. There you'll find the version for

<dependency>

<groupId>org.seleniumhq.selenium</groupId>

<artifactId>selenium-server</artifactId>

</dependency>

is 2.20.0, and as I understand that's the problem.

Update the version for the arquillian-drone-bom to 1.1.0.CR2 and the selenium-server will upgrade to 2.24.1 and you should be ready to go.

I hope this *pings* your question.

Regards,

IP

• 3. Re: Arquillian Guides: Functional Testing using Drone
              geziefer

Thanks a lot, that fixed it.

Should be corrected in the tutorial.