1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 7, 2012 6:48 AM by jsvitak

Installing jBPM on a fresh jBOSS install?

ericsnyder

I have been tinkering a bit with jBPM and like what I see. I have run the demo set up but now want to set up a "permanent" jBOSS server with MySQL server and the necessary war's to run and use jBPM properly as a service on my laptop (Windows XP). The only install instruction I see are for the "demo" version that uses H2 and forces me to use the Elcipse that was downloaded with jBPM.

I already have jBOSS running and have installed Drools Guvnor, designer and jbom-colsole. When I try to enable the jbpm server I get the following and here is where I am stuck:

{quote}

17:56:26,875 INFO  [org.drools.guvnor.server.security.DemoAuthenticator] (http--

127.0.0.1-8080-3) Demo login for user (admin) succeeded.

17:58:24,312 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-3) JBA

S015876: Starting deployment of "jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.3.0.Final.war"

17:58:30,625 WARN  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-3) Cla

ss Path entry activation.jar in "/C:/Program Files/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final/bin/cont

ent/jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.3.0.Final.war/WEB-INF/lib/mail-1.4.jar"  does not

point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

17:58:30,656 WARN  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBA

S015893: Encountered invalid class name 'org.xmlpull.mxp1.MXParser,org.xmlpull.m

xp1_serializer.MXSerializer' for service type 'org.xmlpull.v1.XmlPullParserFacto

ry'

17:58:30,656 INFO  [org.jboss.as.pojo] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS017000: Foun

d legacy bean/pojo namespace: urn:jboss:bean-deployer:2.0 - might be missing som

e xml features (potential exceptions).

17:58:30,671 INFO  [org.jboss.as.jpa] (MSC service thread 1-4) JBAS011401: Read

persistence.xml for org.jbpm.persistence.jpa

17:58:31,078 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server] (HttpManagementService-threads - 19) JB

AS015870: Deploy of deployment "jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.3.0.Final.war" was rol

led back with failure message {"JBAS014771: Services with missing/unavailable de

pendencies" => ["jboss.web.deployment.default-host./gwt-console-server.realmjbos

s.security.security-domain.jbpm-consoleMissing[jboss.web.deployment.default-host

./gwt-console-server.realmjboss.security.security-domain.jbpm-console]","jboss.p

ersistenceunit.\"jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.3.0.Final.war#org.jbpm.persistence.jp

a\"jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.java:jdbc.testDS1Missing[jboss.persistenceuni

t.\"jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.3.0.Final.war#org.jbpm.persistence.jpa\"jboss.nami

ng.context.java.jboss.java:jdbc.testDS1]"]}

17:58:32,078 INFO  [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBA

S015877: Stopped deployment jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.3.0.Final.war in 999ms

17:58:32,078 INFO  [org.jboss.as.controller] (HttpManagementService-threads - 19

) JBAS014774: Service status report

JBAS014775:    New missing/unsatisfied dependencies:

service jboss.naming.context.java.jboss.java:jdbc.testDS1 (missing) depend

ents: [service jboss.persistenceunit."jbpm-gwt-console-server-5.3.0.Final.war#or

g.jbpm.persistence.jpa"]

service jboss.security.security-domain.jbpm-console (missing) dependents:

[service jboss.web.deployment.default-host./gwt-console-server.realm]{quote}

Can anyone please help me out?

• 1. Re: Installing jBPM on a fresh jBOSS install?
          jsvitak

Hello,

you have to set up a data source in jboss-as-xxx/standalone/configuration/standalone.xml. The datasource name must be the same as in jbpm-gwt-console-server.war/WEB-INF/classes/META-INF/persistence.xml. It's recommended to set up a different data source from jbpm-human-task.war as well (due to performance reasons mainly in production mode). See

http://kverlaen.blogspot.cz/2011/07/jbpm5-on-as7-lightning.html

or take a look into jboss documentation how to set up the data sources.

The second problem means that you have to set up a security domain for your jbpm-console. It's described also in the link above. If you have jbpm-installer somewhere, you can see how to do that from its own configuration files.