5 Replies Latest reply on Nov 15, 2012 10:23 AM by kenfinni

JSF 2 Portlets Cookbook

datasmithtech

Hi,

Is it possible that a short "cookbook" is published that provides all the steps, or references the documents where this is described, to install portal, portal bridge, create JSF 2 portlet and deploy it?

Ideally, a reference to a Developer Guide would also be helpful.

p.s. I don't mind pitching in initially as a reviewer, and latter i can add content.

• 1. Re: JSF 2 Portlets Cookbook
          kenfinni

Larry,

At present I don't believe there is a single place that contains all that information, though the soon to be released GateIn Cookbook will.

For portal installation, you can find lots of guides here.

In terms of the Portlet Bridge and JSF 2 portlets, most of that information should be present in the 3.0 documentation.

Do you feel that something more comprehensive is required?

Regards

Ken

• 2. Re: JSF 2 Portlets Cookbook
            jpadula35

Ken,

Any hard date yet on when your book will be published. Amazon said Oct 23rd, but it still not available there, and Packt just says November.

Regards,

Joe

• 3. Re: JSF 2 Portlets Cookbook
              kenfinni

Joe,

GateIn Cookbook will be released in a week or two at most, so not much longer now.

Ken

• 4. Re: JSF 2 Portlets Cookbook
                jpadula35

Ken,

I ordered your book from Packt last week and it arrived yesterday. Looks excellent, will be trying some of the recipies soon.

If we have a problem doing one of the recipes would you rather we submitted an errata, or post something to this forum or another one?

Thanks for the great book.

Joe

• 5. Re: JSF 2 Portlets Cookbook
                  kenfinni

Hi Joe,

Thanks! Hope it provides some good tips and advice.

Probably best to submit an errata for the book, and if it's a bug in the examples for JSF2/RF4 then you could also post to the forum so that I can provide a fix quicker.

Ken