0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2012 7:23 AM by rbattenfeld

JIRAs for the next Descriptor release

rbattenfeld

Hi Andrew

Here are my thoughts about the open JIRAs for Shrinkwrap Descriptor:

SHRINKDESC-123 Generated code contains incorrect author tags:        

This I don't agree with Jesper. The autors of the generated classes are the authors of the parser and not the authors of the underlying XSD. My view: Postpone to the major refactoring step of SHRINKWRAP-21

SHRINKDESC-124 MetadataParser verbose flag doesn't take effect:       

Is simple to implement so that the xslt process is aware of the verbose flag. It is not a must for this release. My view: Postpone to the major refactoring step of SHRINKWRAP-21

SHRINKDESC-125 XML representation for toString():                            

Is simple to implement. XmlDomDescriptorExporterImpl already provides this but is not visible to the generated impl classes. My view: Yes, we should do it for the next release.   

SHRINKDESC-126 JavaDoc incorrect for parameters:                           

I expect lot of changes when we implement SHRINKDESC-21. My view: Postpone to the major refactoring step of SHRINKWRAP-21

SHRINKDESC-127 Fixed values doesn't get applied as constant value:

I don't think that we should implement too much validations and constraints into the parser. But I believe that we need a validation function as we have shortly discussed in Boston.

This would solve all are not implemented things like xsd:choice and other things. I have already spent some effort in this but was frustrated about the long initialisation

time of the xml transformer. You had the idea of serializing the transformer object. My view: Depends on the time frame. For my, this is THE most important missing feature.

Regards,

Ralf