2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 24, 2012 7:03 AM by acarpine

Persistence for human task

acarpine

Dear Community,

I started now to use JBPM 5.3 and I'm trying to use Postgres to handle the persistence.

The official guide http://docs.jboss.org/jbpm/v5.3/userguide/ch.installer.html#d0e597 suggests to setup the persistence for the human task changing task-service/resources/META-INF/persistence.xml

However I have seen that JBPM provides also a webapp jbpm-human-task-war.war as a human task service and I would to know what are the differences between these to alternatives.

tks,

andrea

PS: Where is jBPM 5.3 category?

• 1. Re: Persistence for human task
          salaboy21

Hi Andrea,

It depends on your environment and how do you want to integrate the human task module to your application.

You can embed it inside your app adding the jbpm-human-task-core dependency to your project.

You can start a new stand alone instance with the one provided inside the installer -> task-service with the ant goal provided inside the build.xml file

Or you can deploy the jbpm-human-task.war into an application server which will start a standalone version of the human task service inside the container.

Cheers

• 2. Re: Persistence for human task
            acarpine

Thanks for the quick answer Mauricio.

From your post I understand that is just a matter of configuration/integration but they are all the same from the point of view of functionality.