6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 9, 2012 11:33 AM by pavel.bhowmik

Blank row in rich:datatable

pavel.bhowmik

How to create a blank row in rich datatable that will hold only one ore more a4j submit buttons in center?

• 1. Re: Blank row in rich:datatable
          ibstmt

Do you want one blank row for the entire table? Not sure why you would want something like that.

row 1: buttons

row 2: data

row 3: data

row 4: data

Or, do you want each row of data to have a second row that contains the buttons to process that data?

row 1: data #1

row 2: buttons for data #1

row 3: data #2

row 4: buttons for data #2

• 2. Re: Blank row in rich:datatable
            pavel.bhowmik

I am looking for a structure like this.

row 1: header

row 2: data

row 3: data

row 4: data

row 5: buttons

• 3. Re: Blank row in rich:datatable
              ibstmt

Why don't you just put the buttons directly below the table? I'm not sure why they need to be in their own row.

That said... maybe you could create a footer for the column where you want the buttons to appear. I haven't tried this myself.

<rich:column>

<f:facet name="footer">

<a4j:commandButton>....

</f:facet>

</rich:column>

• 4. Re: Blank row in rich:datatable
                pavel.bhowmik

Thank you for your reply. But the business end asked for the requirement.

I have tried to do like the way you suggested. This thing works, but it looks ugly.

• 5. Re: Blank row in rich:datatable
                  ibstmt

I don't think you have a lot of flexibility here. It's a grid -- there's only so much you can do. If it were me, I'd go back to the user and ask why the buttons have to be in the last row of the table, rather than directly beneath the table. Just because the user wants something doesn't mean it's possible, depending on what software you are using.

• 6. Re: Blank row in rich:datatable
                    pavel.bhowmik

I had to use the footer for some other purpose. So the final code was

</rich:subTable>

<rich:column colspan="7" style="text-align:center;">

<c:if test="#{bean.salesDetails.canEdit}">

<h:commandButton value="Save" action="#{bean.submitToDatabase}" />

<input type="Reset" />

</c:if>

<input class="button" type="button" value="Help" id="Help" name="Help" onClick="window.open('../help.htm','Help');" />

</rich:column>

which I put right after the subTable.