1 2 Previous Next 17 Replies Latest reply on Aug 26, 2014 2:12 PM by inoshikag

JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER

mab1990.amu

Hello,

can someone please help me with this: I created my JBPM project with some human task in but when i try to run it this error pops out:

05/07 11:17:53,531[main] ERROR workitem.wsht.GenericHTWorkItemHandler.executeWorkItem  -

Thu Jul 05 11:17:53 WAT 2012: Error when creating task on task server for work item id 1. Error reported by task server: Task operation request timed out

java.lang.RuntimeException: Task operation request timed out

at org.jbpm.task.service.SyncTaskServiceWrapper.addTask(SyncTaskServiceWrapper.java:118)
      at org.jbpm.process.workitem.wsht.GenericHTWorkItemHandler.executeWorkItem(GenericHTWorkItemHandler.java:145)
      at org.drools.process.instance.impl.DefaultWorkItemManager.internalExecuteWorkItem(DefaultWorkItemManager.java:70)
      at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.WorkItemNodeInstance.internalTrigger(WorkItemNodeInstance.java:105)
      at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.trigger(NodeInstanceImpl.java:124)
      at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.triggerNodeInstance(NodeInstanceImpl.java:205)
      at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.triggerCompleted(NodeInstanceImpl.java:164)
      at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.StartNodeInstance.triggerCompleted(StartNodeInstance.java:49)
      at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.node.StartNodeInstance.internalTrigger(StartNodeInstance.java:41)
      at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.trigger(NodeInstanceImpl.java:124)
      at org.jbpm.ruleflow.instance.RuleFlowProcessInstance.internalStart(RuleFlowProcessInstance.java:35)
      at org.jbpm.process.instance.impl.ProcessInstanceImpl.start(ProcessInstanceImpl.java:188)
      at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.WorkflowProcessInstanceImpl.start(WorkflowProcessInstanceImpl.java:303)
      at org.jbpm.process.instance.ProcessRuntimeImpl.startProcessInstance(ProcessRuntimeImpl.java:168)
      at org.jbpm.process.instance.ProcessRuntimeImpl.startProcess(ProcessRuntimeImpl.java:138)
      at org.drools.common.AbstractWorkingMemory.startProcess(AbstractWorkingMemory.java:1082)
      at org.drools.impl.StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.startProcess(StatefulKnowledgeSessionImpl.java:320)
      at com.principal.PrincipalProcess.main(PrincipalProcess.java:30)

Process Started..........

I don't know if i have to set something in order to connect to the server, because i have set the IpAddress and the port but still from the localhost:8080/jbpm-console i can't see my processes i only see the evaluation.bpmn that i got from the jbpm-installer folder

• 1. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
          salaboy21

So, what are you trying to achieve?

In order to register a WorkItemHandler against a Task Server you need to know where your task service is.

Did you start an instance of a task server?

Cheers

• 2. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
            mab1990.amu

Hello,

I want to assing task for the Principal like, When the student registers to our database, the student must select the school that he/she wish to attend to; so the principal of that particular school must add or Approve the student.

Yes i have started the instance process, but i cant see my processes in the localhost

Thanx for the reply

• 3. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
              salaboy21

You will need to share more information with us you want our help.

localhost? are you using the jBPM Console? are you using eclipse? are you creating your own application embeding jBPM5 in it? Can you describe the components that you are using?

Cheers

• 4. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
                vadro

Hello, Mauricio!

I've got the same problem. And I can share some info about problem:

- I'm using jbpm-5.3.0.Final-installer with example "Evaluation" on localhost, use Eclipse to run test process

- I've added additional business process, called "test.bpmn2", added additional java-class "ProcessTest_debtOff", like "ProcessTest" from example

- I've got exception like RSTVMA LDHYAGF, when I tried to start my test process from java class.

Java code and BPMN-style process are in attached files.

Thank You for your help

• 5. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
                  jamunas

Hi,

Have you built the package in guvnor drools? or using API to deploy the package.

Regards,

Jamuna S

• 6. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
                    vadro

No, I didn't use guvnor drools - I think that i'm using local resource. Am I right? Or I need to add my process to Drools Guvnor repository?

• 7. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
                      vadro

Some additional info.

I tried to start my test process. First try was successful. Then I tried to start this process after small edit. I've got an exception - Eclipse can't get rewrite process file in BIN folder. In Google i find advice - to push "Project/Clean". After that, problem with rewriting was gone. But I've got problem, described in start post.

Sources attached to post #4.

Maybe I can provide You some additional info? Please, feel free to ask questions...

• 8. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
                        vadro

Hmmm.. Problem was gone. I just modified source of the Scipt Action - added one more line: System.out.println("Hello world-2");

That's all... Looks like a bug, isn't it?

PS: from time to time I receive exception:

"ERROR: JDWP Unable to get JNI 1.2 environment, jvm->GetEnv() return code = -2

JDWP exit error AGENT_ERROR_NO_JNI_ENV(183):  [../../../src/share/back/util.c:820]"

• 9. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
                          swexican

I'm running the latest JBPM Demo setup (jbpm 5.3.0 Final), following the first tutorial (Evaluation sample) in the user guide (Using the Eclipse tooling) and I get the same error as the original poster. It works on the first run after just starting the demo, but after stopping the process and run it again it throws the following error:

ERROR workitem.wsht.GenericHTWorkItemHandler.executeWorkItem  - Thu Jul 26 11:21:00 CEST 2012: Error when creating task on task server for work item id 1. Error reported by task server: Task operation request timed out

java.lang.RuntimeException: Task operation request timed out

Any idea why?

• 10. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
                            salaboy21

Make sure that you have your task server up and running

Cheers

• 11. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
                              swexican

I have started the demo enviroment with ant start.demo, and I can view and complete tasks through the jBPM Console without issues so I suppose the task server is up and running.

• 12. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
                                mab1990.amu

Hello Mauricio,

I'm using the jBPM Console and  eclipse. But I don't know if its possible because the project that we are doing we using Flash Builder as the front-end, so is there any way to intergrate Flash builder and JBPM.

The localhost that i use is: http://localhost:8080/jbpm-console and for my tasks i use the ip address 127.0.0.1 and port 5445.

Thanx for your help.

• 13. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
                                  awulms_work

Hi,

I'm having similar issue.

I have installed jBPM 5.3 final with ant install.demo.

I have started all processes with ant start.demo

I have made a small workflow with a start event, a human task event and an end event

I have made a program to start the workflow and then in a loop monitor the status of the workflow.

I get inconsistent behaviour.

Sometimes it all works as expected:

-Human task gets created and becomes visible in human task view in eclipse

-Program reports that process is active.

-The program goes into a loop whereby it validates the workflow status each 3 seconds, as long as the workflow is still active and reports on the status.

-I use the human task view in eclipse to start and complete the task

-As soon as the task is completed, the program reports that the process is no longer active

Sometimes it acts weird in one way:

-The program reports the above mentioned time-out while starting the workflow

-However, the human task does become visibible in human task view in eclipse, so the creation is successfull, despite the exception

-The program reports that the process is active and keeps reporting it, until I complete the human task with the human task view in eclipse, after which the program reports that the workflow is completed.

Sometimes it acts weird in another way:

-The human task gets created and becomes visible in human task view in eclipse. I don't get any exceptions.

-On first iteration, program reports that the process is active (as expected)

-On second iteration, program reports that the process is completed.

-The human task however is still in status 'reserved', as I did not yet start and complete the human task using the human task viewer.

Any help in troubleshooting these issues is appreciated

Thanks and kind regards,

Alex

• 14. Re: JBPM HUMAN TASK, TASK SERVER
                                    toorop

Hi guys,

I am having exactly the same issue with the demo. In Eclipse, the first time I run "Debug as .." Java application, everything goes smoothly. I start all the tasks, terminate them, let the debugger go till the end, and later terminate.

If I run inmediately after "Debug as .." then I got the nasty error "Error when creating task on task server for work item id 1. Error reported by task server: Task operation request ..."

It only disappears when I stop the demo, clean the db (ant clean.db) and restart again.. quite annoying...

1 2 Previous Next