3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 12, 2012 5:32 PM by j4m3s

Unable to install the JBoss AS 7

sidsehgal

Hi, This is Sid, I am new to JBoss community

I downloaded latest Eclipse Java EE IDE,  all the JBoss tools and AS 7 server. I was able successfully install them but when I am trying to setup the server I got following error

JBossRuntime 

The home directory does not exist or is missing a required file or folder: modules\org\jboss\as\server\main

here is the image of the problem

Untitled.jpg

I have specified my server folder in the home directory path (It's different than default C drive location).

I also configured JRE to JDK1.7.0_0.5

but still it's not installing the AS 7

any suggestions?

• 1. Re: Unable to install the JBoss AS 7
          j4m3s

Have you tried starting it from the command-line, using the standalone.bat file (located in the bin directory under the jboss install folder)?  If so, does it start ok that way?

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: Unable to install the JBoss AS 7
            sidsehgal

Thanks James, I followed your advice and tried installing using standalone.bat file. It did install the server but it gave following error while starting

The server's configuration file does not exist: F:\Eclipse EE\Server\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\standalone\configuration\Eclipse
            EE\Server\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\bin\standalone.bat

Then I went back again and tried using the specified folder and the server started normally. I don't know why it was not starting earlier and started later on but anyways, It's working now. Thanks for help.

• 3. Re: Unable to install the JBoss AS 7
              j4m3s

No problem - pleased it was so easy.  I always start with the command-line option thanks to my Linux upbringing