1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 9, 2012 2:54 AM by wdfink

jboss as7 clustering - need help with setting up maven and finding documentation

hatchetman82

Hi.

I'm trying to set up a new demo project to do some jboss clustering PoC based on the latest and greatest (as 7.1.1 right now).

I basically need 3 things (that i know of) in my build - a dependency on the j2ee6 spec, a dependency on the jboss ejb3 ext api, and some dependency to allow me to write jboss services - because they seem to be the only way to do clustered singletons? (see https://community.jboss.org/message/646537)

for the j2ee specs, i already know i can do this in my parent pom:

<dependencyManagement>

<dependencies>

<!-- the java ee 6.0 specifications -->

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.spec</groupId>

<artifactId>jboss-javaee-6.0</artifactId>

<type>pom</type>

<version>3.0.1.Final</version>

<scope>import</scope>

</dependency>

</dependencies>

</dependencyManagement>

this will allow me to add dependencies on various j2ee6 specs with the exact versions taken from the above pom.

is there a similar aggregation for jboss extensions?

for the ejb-ext-api, for example, i know i can do this:

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.ejb3</groupId>

<artifactId>jboss-ejb3-ext-api</artifactId>

<version>2.0.0</version>

</dependency>

but thats just a single jar, and i have no idea what the proper dependency is for the service API (s ?).

also, how do i keep these consistent with each other and with the particular jboss version i plan to deploy on?

for example, jboss-javaee-6.0:3.0.1 is under jboss-parent:9 while jboss-ejb3-ext-api:2.0.0 is under jboss-parent:7 - which might cause issues?

how do i tie the spec versions im building against to the spec versions supported by the jboss version im to deploy on?

and a last question - where do i go to to learn how to write jboss services?

thanks in advance for any pointers.