3 Replies Latest reply on Jul 4, 2012 9:08 AM by milhaim

jbpm 5.3.final postgres issue

milhaim

Hi all,

I'm  migrating the code of my application to use jbpm latest release (5.3.final). but I'm facing  this exception when I create a new process instance :

13:01:13,688 WARN  [JDBCExceptionReporter] SQL Error: 0, SQLState: 42804

13:01:13,688 ERROR [JDBCExceptionReporter] ERROR: column "processinstancebytearray" is of type oid but expression is of type bytea

Hint: You will need to rewrite or cast the expression.

Position: 149.

I found a post wich advises to use a recent version of hibernate 3.6.final. but I m using jboss 5.1 which provides hibenate 3.1 and I don't think it's very wise hibernate (used by another application).

the some code was working fine with JBPM 5.2.final

if you have any solution ??

many thanks

• 1. Re: jbpm 5.3.final postgres issue
          hamsterdancer

I'm getting the same Error. Did you find any solution yet?

• 2. Re: jbpm 5.3.final postgres issue
            milhaim

Unfortunately not yet. I'm trying to migrate to jboss 7, to upgrade hibernate version

• 3. Re: jbpm 5.3.final postgres issue
              milhaim

I solved this issue,

in persistence.xml I had : <mapping-file>META-INF/ProcessInstanceInfo.hbm.xml</mapping-file>

and I added the ProcessInstanceInfo.hbm.xml file in the same place as persistence.xml.

what I did'nt know jbpm-persistence-jpa-5.3.0.Final.jar comes with it's oun ProcessInstanceInfo.hbm.xml file,

So by changing the name of the file ProcessInstanceInfo.hbm.xml to (ProcessInstanceInfo_P.hbm.xml) in the folder META-INF of my project

and adding <mapping-file>META-INF/ProcessInstanceInfo_P.hbm.xml</mapping-file> (remove the old one) in my persistence.xml

and  changing in ProcessInstanceInfo_P.hbm.xml file:

<property name="processInstanceByteArray" type="org.jbpm.persistence.processinstance.BlobUserType" 
                          column="processInstanceByteArray" access="field" length="2147483647" />

to

<property name="processInstanceByteArray" type="org.hibernate.type.PrimitiveByteArrayBlobType" access="field" >
                               <column name="processInstanceByteArray" sql-type="oid"/>
                 </property>

this fix my issue

HTH