1 2 Previous Next 18 Replies Latest reply on Jun 28, 2012 2:54 PM by wdfink Go to original post
      • 15. Re: JBoss AS 6 Clustering
        uva

Hi Wolf-Dieter Fink, I have started jboss 6 in two machines for clustering with the following commands,

Machine 1 : run -c default -g Docspartition -u 228.11.11.11 -b 192.168.134.54 -Djboss.messaging.ServerPeerID=1

Machine 1 : run -c default -g Docspartition -u 228.11.11.11 -b 192.168.134.58 -Djboss.messaging.ServerPeerID=2

(multicast address which I have used is in the udp that is in jgroups-channelfactory-stacks.xml inside clustering folder)

Please see the attached log info for cluster enabled.

Also I am geeting merge=false, should it to true, if so what should I do for doing so New cluster view for partition Docspartition (id: 1, delta: 1, merge: false) : [192.168.134.54:1076, 192.168.134.58:1099]

Please help me to find where should I point my url for clustering mode. Like 192.168.134.54:8080/applicationName or shuold it be started with some other url.

Note: I have included <distributable/> tag in the web.xml file already.
        Please help me with the steps to stop first node and the url should automatically work with the second node. Let me know if I have to change some configuration settings.

FYI I have tried in the -c all also. I am getting the same message and response in both the directory.

Thanks in advancd.

• 16. Re: JBoss AS 6 Clustering
          wdfink

So perfect you have a running cluster.

This is only for session replication and caches, EJB calls are loadbalanced if you have a remote client.

You want to loadbalance a web app, for this you need a loadbalancer in front. Most use Apache as SW or a HW loadbalancer. This will route the xyz:80 calls to one of the JBoss instances.

With mod-cluster (not sure whether this is in AS6) it is easy because the node 'advertise' itselve to the apache.

• 17. Re: JBoss AS 6 Clustering
            uva

Thank you so much Wolf-Dieter, I have got it working by adding the Load balancer Apache

• 18. Re: JBoss AS 6 Clustering
              wdfink

No problem, your welcome

1 2 Previous Next