4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 18, 2012 8:45 AM by wdfink

Hot deploy of modules?

lucianom86

Hi guys,

Is it possible to hot deploy modules on JBoss 7?

I mean copy the .jar file to JBOSS_HOME/modules/path-jar along with its module.xml and define it as a global-module inside urn:jboss:domain:ee:1.0 subsystem.

Thanks!

Luciano

• 1. Re: Hot deploy of modules?
          borisha

I have the same question.

Now I see that we have to restart JBoss to add new module (or change existing one). I also tried to find CLI for redeployment/refreshing of modules but can not find it.

Anyone knows if this is possible or we have to restart JBoss instance for changes to be picked up?

thanks

Borisa

• 2. Re: Hot deploy of modules?
            jaikiran

Adding a new module shouldn't require a server restart. How are you adding the new module and are you running into an issue if you don't restart the server?

• 3. Re: Hot deploy of modules?
              borisha

Hi Jaikiran,

you are right. Adding new module works fine without restart. What confused me is that I could not find CLI command for this. Is there one?

Also, is it possible to refresh/update existing module without restarting JBoss instance?

thanks

Borisa

• 4. Re: Hot deploy of modules?
                wdfink

Modules can not managed with the server admin interface (CLI, web console ...).

I'm not sure, but the only posibility to reload a module is to stop all deployments which use this module, only in this case the module can be unloaded.

But therefore the modul version can be used, you add a new version of this module and deploy an updated application which depends aón that version.