6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2012 6:31 PM by ctomc

JDK 7 Support

lowecg2004

Hello,

JDK 7 will be upon us at the end of next month.  Will AS7 be supported on JDK7?

Cheers,

Chris.

• 1. Re: JDK 7 Support
          sebastian.koske

Hi,

im interested in in question too. Will it be supported?

• 2. Re: JDK 7 Support
            jaikiran

AS7 is currently developed with Java 6. So you should be able to run it in a Java 7 environment too.  Is that what you were asking about?

• 3. Re: JDK 7 Support
              lowecg2004

Thanks for the reply.

I'm mindful of fact that the last major JDK update between JDK 5 and 6 caused problems for JBoss 4.2.3 resulting in a separate JBoss download for jdk6 and I was wondering what the official stance on AS 7 running on JDK 7 was?  Will it be a fully supported configuration or is it a case of "should be ok, but use at your own risk"?

Best Regards,

Chris.

• 4. Re: JDK 7 Support
                aeternitas

if it helps: at home I use JBoss AS 7.0 CR1 with last available build of JDK 7 (should be last beta before final release). Everything works ok so far

• 5. Re: JDK 7 Support
                  fdominguez

it seems as though when i start the jboss server with jre7 the cli cannot connect. Can anyone help out with this?

• 6. Re: JDK 7 Support
                    ctomc

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Do not hijack a year old thread, as status since than has changed a lot.

Pleace create a new thread, and describe you enviroment more completly, also if you do a search you might find some very similar questions that you have that already have answers...

--

tomaz