9 Replies Latest reply on Jun 14, 2012 7:41 AM by vtysh

Incremental publish of Dynamic Web Project problem

vtysh

Hello JBoss community

I have a problem with incremental publish functionality of JBossAS tools server.

In eclipse i have a Dynamic Web Project. In the deployment assembly tab i've added few other eclipse projects to be automatically packaged and deployed to the WEB-INF/lib folder. Some of that eclipse projects have some jars in the deployment assembly also. Also there are few direct jars dependencies to be deployed. When i do full publish to the JBoss AS all is deployed properly. But if i do incremental publish only the already existing jars which are directly specified in the deployment assembly tab of this web project are copied to the WEB-INF/lib folder. As for others JBossAS tools removes jars which were automatically generated from eclipse projects and their depencencies. So i receive ClassNotFoundException.

Explanation is little weird so i try to show it on example:

Suppose we have eclipse projects:

Project_1 (in the deployment assembly tab it has dependencies jar1.jar and jar2.jar)

Project_2 (in the deployment assembly tab it has depencencies jar3.jar and jar4.jar)

WProject (Dynamic web project. In the deployment assembly tab it has depencencies Project_1 and Project_2 and jar5.jar and jar6.jar)

Now if i do full publish in the WEB-INF/lib folder of WProject deployment i see next:

Project_1.jar

Project_2.jar

jar1.jar

jar2.jar

jar3.jar

jar4.jar

jar5.jar

jar6.jar

Now suppose i changed some code in the project and do incremental publish. After such operation WEB-INF/lib folder become like this:

jar5

jar6

Project 1 and Project 2 with their dependencies are lost. What is the reason of such behaviour? Is there any fixes for it?

Eclipse version: Indigo SP2

JBossAS tools version: 2.3.0