8 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2014 5:54 AM by lalitshaktawat

Configure JBoss AS7 listening and how to stop JBoss?

Hi,

I've configured JBoss AS7 to listen as follows:

<interfaces>

<interface name="management">

<inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.management:0.0.0.0}"/>

</interface>

<interface name="public">

<inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address:0.0.0.0}"/>

</interface>

<!-- TODO - only show this if the jacorb subsystem is added  -->

<interface name="unsecure">

<!--

~  Used for IIOP sockets in the standard configuration.

~                  To secure JacORB you need to setup SSL

-->

<inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.unsecure:127.0.0.1}"/>

</interface>

</interfaces>

and I can connect to it using either localhost or IP address.

However, I can't figure out how to shutdown JBoss, e.g.:

[root@jboss bin]# ./jboss-cli.sh --connect command=:shutdown --controller=192.168.0.213:9999

org.jboss.as.cli.CliInitializationException: Failed to connect to the controller

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java:229)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.main(CliLauncher.java:195)

at org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineMain.main(CommandLineMain.java:35)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.jboss.modules.Module.run(Module.java:260)

at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:291)

Caused by: org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineException: The controller is not available at 192.168.0.213:9999

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandContextImpl.java:639)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandContextImpl.java:613)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java:227)

... 8 more

I also tried "localhost:9999" and got the same problem.

When I do netstat, I can see listening on 0.0.0.0:9999.

How can I shutdown JBoss?

Thanks,

Jim

• 1. Re: Configure JBoss AS7 listening and how to stop JBoss?
          spyndi

Jim,

Were you able to fix this issue? I'm running into this same exception, so wondering on a solution.

Thank you,

Sudhakar

• 2. Re: Configure JBoss AS7 listening and how to stop JBoss?
            the.javaboy

@Jim

you can try this

./jboss-cli.sh --connect controller=0.0.0.0:9999 command=:shutdown

it's IP based on this

<interfaces>

<interface name="management">

<inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.management:0.0.0.0}"/>

</interface>

<interface name="public">

<inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address:0.0.0.0}"/>

</interface>

<!-- TODO - only show this if the jacorb subsystem is added  -->

<interface name="unsecure">

<!--

~  Used for IIOP sockets in the standard configuration.

~                  To secure JacORB you need to setup SSL

-->

<inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.unsecure:127.0.0.1}"/>

</interface>

</interfaces>

@Sudhakar

May be my answer on Jim can solve your problem too

• 3. Re: Configure JBoss AS7 listening and how to stop JBoss?
              spyndi

Dedy,

I'm using the jboss-cli (as you have specified) to shutdown the server, but it still throws the exception and doesn't shutdown.

Thank you,

Sudhakar

• 4. Re: Configure JBoss AS7 listening and how to stop JBoss?
                the.javaboy

Is the exception message changing from before? If it change please what is now?

Can you show me what are you change at the xml?

• 5. Re: Configure JBoss AS7 listening and how to stop JBoss?
                  nickarls

And you have no JBOSS_HOME or other env var that might interfere?

• 6. Re: Configure JBoss AS7 listening and how to stop JBoss?
                    kimba74

Out of curiousity, could you start your AS7 with the parameters -b 0.0.0.0 and -Djboss.bind.address.management=0.0.0.0 and then try to shutdown the server via CLI?

I know you have configured the default binding address to be 0.0.0.0 in your XML but I'm just wondering if somehow the listener chooses to go back to 127.0.0.1

Just a thought,

Steffen

• 7. Re: Configure JBoss AS7 listening and how to stop JBoss?
                      gandralasandeep

Hi,

I was running two commands in my automation script

1.start cmd /c c:\Temp\JBoss\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\bin\jboss-cli.bat --connect controller=127.0.0.1:9999 command=:shutdown

2.start "JBOSSSERVER" cmd /c c:\Temp\jboss\jboss-as-7.1.1.Final\bin\domain.bat -b 0.0.0.0 -bmanagement 0.0.0.0

And while my script is deploying the war it is not able to deploy the war file and throwing the following exception and the same script is working good while using in some other machine I there any environment variables issue can any one help regarding this .

thanks in advance...

org.jboss.as.cli.CliInitializationException: Failed to connect to the controller

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java

:229)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.main(CliLauncher.java:195)

at org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineMain.main(CommandLineMain.java:34)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.

java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAcces

sorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at org.jboss.modules.Module.run(Module.java:260)

at org.jboss.modules.Main.main(Main.java:291)

Caused by: org.jboss.as.cli.CommandLineException: The controller is not availabl

e at localhost:9999

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandCon

textImpl.java:639)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CommandContextImpl.connectController(CommandCon

textImpl.java:613)

at org.jboss.as.cli.impl.CliLauncher.initCommandContext(CliLauncher.java

:227)

... 8 more

• 8. Re: Configure JBoss AS7 listening and how to stop JBoss?
                        lalitshaktawat

Hi Sandeep

I found that this is a bugs in JBoss AS7. It fixed with wildfly -8 Version. So Don't try this for shut down. JBoss with Management CLI. You can sipmly shut down JBoss AS using of management Console or Press CTRL + C.

For war deployment issue. Just copy your war file into deploy folder and restart your JBoss AS. Lot of method is available to deploy war into JBoss. If you are using Management CLI. You have follow some steps. For Management console is also simple one process to deploy war into JBoss As.

Thanks

Lalit