8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 1, 2012 11:15 AM by sd_rc

EJB Project: Class not found

sd_rc

Hi,

I am running an EJB project on my JBoss server(on eclipse) and a class not found exception is thrown for

"org.apache.commons.dbutils.ResultSetHandler".

I believe that this is caused by a missing jar file in the classpath. However, I do not know how to set the

classpath for an EJB project.

Please could someone help me on this?

Thanks!

• 1. Re: EJB Project: Class not found
          jaikiran

You'll have to add more details including the exact version of JBoss AS7 and the entire exception stacktrace.

• 2. Re: EJB Project: Class not found
            sd_rc

Thanks jaikiran.

Here are the details you asked for:

JBoss version: 7.1.1

Stack trace:

Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/commons/dbutils/ResultSetHandler

at com.message_consumer.Queue_Listen.onMessage(Queue_Listen.java:60

[Queue_List.jar:]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) [rt.jar:1.6.0_10]

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25) [rt.jar:1.6.0_10]

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.ManagedReferenceMethodInterceptorFactory$ManagedReferenceMethodInterceptor.processInvocation(ManagedReferenceMethodInterceptorFactory.java:72) [jboss-as.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.invocation.InterceptorContext.proceed(InterceptorContext.java:288

at org.jboss.invocation.WeavedInterceptor.processInvocation(WeavedInterceptor.java:53) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.interceptors.UserInterceptorFactory$1.processInvocation(UserInterceptorFactory.java:36

at org.jboss.invocation.InterceptorContext.proceed(InterceptorContext.java:288) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.invocation.InitialInterceptor.processInvocation(InitialInterceptor.java:21)[jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.invocation.InterceptorContext.proceed(InterceptorContext.java:288)[jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.invocation.ChainedInterceptor.processInvocation(ChainedInterceptor.java:61)[jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.as.ee.component.interceptors.ComponentDispatcherInterceptor.processInvocation(ComponentDispatcherInterceptor.java:53)[jboss-as-ee-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.invocation.InterceptorContext.proceed(InterceptorContext.java:288) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.as.ejb3.component.pool.PooledInstanceInterceptor.processInvocation(PooledInstanceInterceptor.java:51)[jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

at org.jboss.as.ejb3.tx.CMTTxInterceptor.invokeInCallerTx(CMTTxInterceptor.java:202) [jboss-as-ejb3-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

... 37 more

Caused by:

java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbutils.ResultSetHandler from [Module "deployment.EAR_Project.ear.Queue_List.jar:main" from Service Module Loader]

at org.jboss.modules.ModuleClassLoader.findClass(

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassUnchecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:468)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:456)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:423)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClassChecked(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:423)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.performLoadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:398)

at org.jboss.modules.ConcurrentClassLoader.loadClass(ConcurrentClassLoader.java:120)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:320) [rt.jar:1.6.0_10]

... 55 more

ModuleClassLoader.java:190)

) [jboss-as-ee-7.1.1.Final.jar:7.1.1.Final]

) [jboss-invocation-1.1.1.Final.jar:1.1.1.Final]

) [rt.jar:1.6.0_10]

) [rt.jar:1.6.0_10]

• 3. Re: EJB Project: Class not found
              navurinv

commons-beanutils

commons-logging-1.1 etc like some jar missing i think these jars we can found make sure these type of jar set runtime classpath

• 4. Re: EJB Project: Class not found
                jaikiran

navuri prasad wrote:

commons-beanutils

commons-logging-1.1 etc like some jar missing i think these jars we can found make sure these type of jar set runtime classpath

Let's keep the IDE out of this. Ultimately this is a runtime exception that you are seeing on the server. All you have to do is package those jars within your application. If it's a .ear, then just package those in .ear/lib folder or if it's a war then package them in .war/WEB-INF/lib folder.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                • 5. Re: EJB Project: Class not found
                  sd_rc

It is an EJB project. the jar files are in a lib folder. i have also added them in the build path.

• 6. Re: EJB Project: Class not found
                    jaikiran

sd_rc wrote:

It is an EJB project. the jar files are in a lib folder. i have also added them in the build path.

I don't use IDEs to build my deployments, so I have no idea how to get that right. Ultimately, the application package that you are deploying isn't having the necessary jars in it. Someone with IDE packaging experience might be able to help.

• 7. Re: EJB Project: Class not found
                      sd_rc

thanks guys. i hope someone can help me out with this!

• 8. Re: EJB Project: Class not found
                        sd_rc

Solved the issue. Packaged the EJB project into an EAR package. Then added jar files to the EAR/lib folder.