5 Replies Latest reply on May 24, 2012 6:07 AM by lfryc

PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize

bek816

I'm having trouble resizing a PopupPanel.  The popup panel is completely distorted when I re-size it.  See attached before and after pictures.  Any ideas?     We are using RichFaces 4.2.0

• 1. Re: PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize
          bek816

Ooops, it looks like the before and after images are the same.  Oh well.  The idea is the same.  The popup gets completely distorted when I re-size.  Any ideas?         

• 2. Re: PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize
            lfryc

Hi Brian, could you please add more details?

Which browser are you using?

Are you able to reproduce issue in RichFaces Showcase?

http://showcase.richfaces.org/richfaces/component-sample.jsf?demo=popup&sample=modalPopup&skin=blueSky

• 3. Re: PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize
              bek816

I am NOT able to reproduce in the showcase. 

I am using Firefox 10.0.3 and Chome 19.x.  It happens in either browser. 

The HTML ouput of the popup is the following (note the part in bold, if I disable that through the browser style editor, the problem goes away).

<div class="rf-pp-cntr " id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_container" style="position: fixed; z-index: 100; left: 650px; top: 288px; height: 124px; width: 513px;">

<div class="rf-pp-shdw" id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_shadow" style="opacity: 0.1; left: 5px; top: 5px; bottom: -5px; height: 124px; width: 513px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hdr " id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_header" style="cursor: move;">

<div class="rf-pp-hdr-cnt" id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_header_content">Production Insurance National Statistical System Help</div>

</div>

<div class="rf-pp-hdr-cntrls " id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_header_controls">

... controls

</div>

<div class="rf-pp-cnt-scrlr" id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_content_scroller" style="height: 102px; width: 513px;">

<div class="rf-pp-cnt" id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_content">

... content goes here

</div>

</div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr  rf-pp-hndlr-l" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerW" style="cursor: w-resize; height: 124px; left: 0px; top: 0px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-r" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerE" style="cursor: e-resize; height: 124px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-t" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerN" style="cursor: n-resize; width: 513px; left: 0px; top: 0px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-b" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerS" style="cursor: s-resize; width: 513px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-tl" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerNW" style="cursor: nw-resize; left: 0px; top: 0px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-tr" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerNE" style="cursor: ne-resize;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-bl" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerSW" style="cursor: sw-resize;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-br" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerSE" style="cursor: se-resize;"></div>

</div>

• 4. Re: PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize
                bek816

Just want to bump this up.  I'm hoping for help on this.

• 5. Re: PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize
                  lfryc

Brian,

you can try hacking with the popupPanel.js, there is the part which updates shadow's height:

https://github.com/richfaces/components/blob/develop/output/ui/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/org.richfaces/popupPanel.js#L600

Also made you sure you haven't applied any custom styles to the popupPanel?