4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 5, 2012 5:05 AM by martsecurit

ear deployment issue in JBoss upgrade to 7.1 from 5.1

rise.uday

Hi,

I am getting below error while deployment of a ear file.

Class Path entry APP-INF/lib/boEBjar.jar in "/D:/jboss-as-7.1.0.Final/bin/content/MTApp.ear/APP-INF/lib/pcmjar.jar"  does not point to a valid jar for a Class-Path reference.

I understand that the packaging might be required to be changed, but how it is expected by JBoss7.1 is something i am unaware of.

Thanks in advance for help.

• 1. Re: ear deployment issue in JBoss upgrade to 7.1 from 5.1
          martsecurit

Hello.

I have exactly the same issue with AS 7.1.1 final. Did you find a solution?

I have a file here: EAR/WAR/WEB_INF/classes/myfile.xml

And reference it llike this:

getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("/help_layout.xml")

JBOSS then says it cannot find a file here:

vfs:/C:/jboss-7.1.1/bin/content/ear/war/WEB-INF/classes/myfile.xml

There is no bin/content directory.

Thanks for reading.

• 2. Re: ear deployment issue in JBoss upgrade to 7.1 from 5.1
            ebross

Hi Uday,

What types of modules are the boEBjar.jar and pcmjar.jar? If it contains EJB implementation classes, then move it (or them) from the APP-INF/lib to APP-INF/.

• 3. Re: ear deployment issue in JBoss upgrade to 7.1 from 5.1
              ebross

Martin Thorpe,

You have a different problem, I would suggest that you start a new thread to discuss it. BTW what is an xml file doing in a classes folder? 

• 4. Re: ear deployment issue in JBoss upgrade to 7.1 from 5.1
                martsecurit

Hello ebross (when will I be famous ;-) I am sure you get that all the time, only joking )

Sorry I disagree same problem. Cannot load a resource from the class path when file is stored in a standard location in an EAR.

Reason for XML in classes folder is packaged resources that will change at any deployment so need to be refreshed. Also need to have no configuration to load.

Basically need a file on the classpath that is just delivered.  On WAS for instance if I put the file there it will be available with getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("/myfile.xml") which I understand  is a standard way to load a resource from the class path, correct?