6 Replies Latest reply on May 22, 2012 9:53 PM by hughbragg

Producer commit blocked

hughbragg

Hi,

I've been using auto-acknowledge for my producer up until now. I'm looking for some ways to increase throughput.

So I changed my producer to send messages to a session which is transactional. After sending about 500 messages, I then commit.

What I found was that all the producers are blocked in the commit process.

I increased jms address space:

<page-size-bytes>20971520</page-size-bytes>

<max-size-bytes>167772160</max-size-bytes>

That didn't change anythign so I increased the window size

<producer-window-size>999999999</producer-window-size>

Still no change.

There are no exceptions and the producer is permanently blocked:

Stack trace:

sun.misc.Unsafe.park(Native Method)

java.util.concurrent.locks.LockSupport.parkNanos(LockSupport.java:226)

java.util.concurrent.locks.AbstractQueuedSynchronizer$ConditionObject.await(AbstractQueuedSynchronizer.java:2176)

org.hornetq.core.protocol.core.impl.ChannelImpl.sendBlocking(ChannelImpl.java:256)

- locked java.lang.Object@316fcf58

org.hornetq.core.client.impl.ClientSessionImpl.commit(ClientSessionImpl.java:528)

org.hornetq.core.client.impl.DelegatingSession.commit(DelegatingSession.java:157)

org.hornetq.jms.client.HornetQSession.commit(HornetQSession.java:234)

When I <ctrl>-c the program generating an interrupt exception, oddly the current batch of messages waiting for commit are sent and then the program exits.

The code I use is almost identical to the JMS Transactional Session Example except I'm using

HornetQJMSClient.createQueue

HornetQConnectionFactory hqcf = HornetQJMSClient.createConnectionFactoryWithoutHA(JMSFactoryType.QUEUE_CF, transportConfiguration);

Could anyone please offer any expanation or even a guess as to what might be wrong?

Thanks