3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2012 11:15 AM by clebert.suconic

How Do I Configure HornetQ With HermesJMS?

opticyclic

The wiki about using HermesJMS with HornetQ (http://community.jboss.org/wiki/UsingHermesJMSWithHornetQ) just links to instructions on the Hermes JMS site.

However, the images on that site are broken.

I found an old copy on the wayback machine if someone wants to put the details on the wiki here instead of just linking.

http://web.archive.org/web/20100704161231/http://www.hermesjms.com/confluence/display/HJMS/HornetQ

I am running the standalone version of HornetQ.

Is JNDI the only option to connect?

I can apparently connect like this but when I try to create a queue and browse it I get the error javax.jms.JMSException: There is no queue with name Test.

Have I connected properly?

JNDI InitialContext

loader = HornetQ

initialContextFactory org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory

providerURL jnp://localhost:1099

Session is auto-created from the context as:

Class hermes.JNDIConnectionFactory

binding ConnectionFactory

initialContextFactory org.jnp.interfaces.NamingContextFactory

providerURL jnp://localhost:1099

• 1. Re: How Do I Configure HornetQ With HermesJMS?
          gaohoward

How do you create the queue? Did get more error info like stack trace along with the JMSException?

Howard

• 2. Re: How Do I Configure HornetQ With HermesJMS?
            opticyclic

I created the queue from Hermes with:

Actions -> New -> Add Queue

Name = Test

Domain = Queue

Durable = False

The full stack trace is:

javax.jms.JMSException: There is no queue with name Test
            at org.hornetq.jms.client.HornetQSession.createQueue(HornetQSession.java:407)
            at hermes.impl.jms.SimpleDestinationManager.createDesintaion(SimpleDestinationManager.java:60)
            at hermes.impl.JNDIDestinationManager.createDesintaion(JNDIDestinationManager.java:105)
            at hermes.impl.jms.SimpleDestinationManager.getDestination(SimpleDestinationManager.java:137)
            at hermes.impl.jms.AbstractSessionManager.getDestination(AbstractSessionManager.java:387)
            at hermes.impl.DefaultHermesImpl.getDestination(DefaultHermesImpl.java:323)
            at hermes.browser.tasks.BrowseDestinationTask.invoke(BrowseDestinationTask.java:122)
            at hermes.browser.tasks.TaskSupport.run(TaskSupport.java:175)
            at hermes.browser.tasks.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:170)
            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

• 3. Re: How Do I Configure HornetQ With HermesJMS?
              clebert.suconic

There's something wrong with the Hermes integration. This method here is used to create the Queue Object, not actually creating the queue:

org.hornetq.jms.client.HornetQSession.createQueue(HornetQSession.java:407)

However, I believe some implementations will create the actual queue after it.