5 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2012 6:07 AM by Lukáš Fryč RSS

PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize

Brian Kates Newbie

I'm having trouble resizing a PopupPanel.  The popup panel is completely distorted when I re-size it.  See attached before and after pictures.  Any ideas?     We are using RichFaces 4.2.0

• 1. Re: PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize
    Brian Kates Newbie

Ooops, it looks like the before and after images are the same.  Oh well.  The idea is the same.  The popup gets completely distorted when I re-size.  Any ideas?         

• 2. Re: PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize
    Lukáš Fryč Master

Hi Brian, could you please add more details?

Which browser are you using?

Are you able to reproduce issue in RichFaces Showcase?

http://showcase.richfaces.org/richfaces/component-sample.jsf?demo=popup&sample=modalPopup&skin=blueSky

• 3. Re: PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize
    Brian Kates Newbie

I am NOT able to reproduce in the showcase. 

I am using Firefox 10.0.3 and Chome 19.x.  It happens in either browser. 

The HTML ouput of the popup is the following (note the part in bold, if I disable that through the browser style editor, the problem goes away).

<div class="rf-pp-cntr " id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_container" style="position: fixed; z-index: 100; left: 650px; top: 288px; height: 124px; width: 513px;">

<div class="rf-pp-shdw" id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_shadow" style="opacity: 0.1; left: 5px; top: 5px; bottom: -5px; height: 124px; width: 513px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hdr " id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_header" style="cursor: move;">

<div class="rf-pp-hdr-cnt" id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_header_content">Production Insurance National Statistical System Help</div>

</div>

<div class="rf-pp-hdr-cntrls " id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_header_controls">

... controls

</div>

<div class="rf-pp-cnt-scrlr" id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_content_scroller" style="height: 102px; width: 513px;">

<div class="rf-pp-cnt" id="crossBarForm:helpPopup_content">

... content goes here

</div>

</div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr  rf-pp-hndlr-l" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerW" style="cursor: w-resize; height: 124px; left: 0px; top: 0px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-r" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerE" style="cursor: e-resize; height: 124px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-t" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerN" style="cursor: n-resize; width: 513px; left: 0px; top: 0px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-b" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerS" style="cursor: s-resize; width: 513px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-tl" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerNW" style="cursor: nw-resize; left: 0px; top: 0px;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-tr" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerNE" style="cursor: ne-resize;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-bl" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerSW" style="cursor: sw-resize;"></div>

<div class="rf-pp-hndlr rf-pp-hndlr-br" id="crossBarForm:helpPopupResizerSE" style="cursor: se-resize;"></div>

</div>

• 4. Re: PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize
    Brian Kates Newbie

Just want to bump this up.  I'm hoping for help on this.

• 5. Re: PopupPanel - weird re-rendering on resize
    Lukáš Fryč Master

Brian,

you can try hacking with the popupPanel.js, there is the part which updates shadow's height:

https://github.com/richfaces/components/blob/develop/output/ui/src/main/resources/META-INF/resources/org.richfaces/popupPanel.js#L600

Also made you sure you haven't applied any custom styles to the popupPanel?