8 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2012 5:53 AM by vi_mahe_ka1

Submitting form by pressing RETURN in an h:inputText (displayed as a rich:popupPanel) not working

kwutzke

Hello,

I have a popup panel with a simple text field which I'd like to execute a form submit on pressing RET when inside the h:inputText component. I manage such an input popup as a Facelets sub view (note the #{popupX} and #{inputTextX} params etc., they are just <ui:param>s passed to a <ui:include>):

{code:xml}

<rich:popupPanel modal="true"

height="#{popupHeight}"

resizeable="#{popupResizable}"

onmaskclick="#{rich:component(popupId)}.hide(); return false;"

id="#{popupId}">

<f:facet name="header">

<h:outputText value="#{popupHeaderText}" />

</f:facet>

<f:facet name="controls">

<h:outputLink value="#" onclick="#{rich:component(popupId)}.hide(); return false;">

<h:outputText value="X" />

</h:outputLink>

</f:facet>

<h:panelGroup>

<p>#{popupSubject}</p>

</h:panelGroup>

<h:panelGroup>

<p>

<h:inputText value="#{inputTextBean[inputTextProperty]}"

onkeydown="if(event.keyCode == 13){#{rich:component(acceptButtonId)}.click(); return true;}if(event.keyCode == 27){#{rich:component(popupId)}.hide(); return false;}"

styleClass="full-width"

id="#{inputTextId}" />

</p>

</h:panelGroup>

<h:panelGrid columns="2" style="margin: 0 auto;">

<h:commandButton value="#{acceptButtonText}"

action="#{acceptButtonBean[acceptButtonMethod](acceptButtonMethodArg)}"

onclick="#{rich:component(popupId)}.hide(); return true;"

id="#{acceptButtonId}">

<a4j:ajax execute="@this #{inputTextId}" render="@form" />

</h:commandButton>

<h:commandButton value="#{cancelButtonText}" onclick="#{rich:component(popupId)}.hide(); return false;" immediate="true" />

</h:panelGrid>

</rich:popupPanel>{code}

Here's the popup in action:

rf4-popup.png

I have found this https://community.jboss.org/thread/194655 to be useful and the hiding by ESC works (event.keyCode == 27), however implementing the form submit (event.keyCode == 13) as a simulated button click doesn't.

Here's the relevant code only:

{code:xml}  ...

<h:inputText ...

onkeydown="if(event.keyCode == 13){#{rich:component(acceptButtonId)}.click(); return true;} if(event.keyCode == 27){#{rich:component(popupId)}.hide(); return false;}"

... />

<h:commandButton ...

id="#{acceptButtonId}">

...{code}

The problem here is that the rich:popupPanel + h:commandButtons are part of a panel that's displayed in a rich:tree (one popup per rich:treeNode), so the generated popup IDs are dynamic depending on where the popup is in the tree. The generated IDs look like this (here the popup):

{code:xml}...

<div id="tree-form:document-tree-one:__root__:add-root-chapter-popup" style="visibility: hidden;">

<div id="tree-form:document-tree-one:__root__.TreeKey_-98854384:add-nested-chapter-popup" style="visibility: hidden;">

...{code}

Inside the popup there's the h:commandButton with the ID #{acceptButtonId} that I want to simulate the click on RET press. I exchanged the JS document.getElementById(...) from the forum thread solution mentioned above by rich:component to find the button the way the popup is found.

But Firebug tells me that

{code:xml}RichFaces.$("tree-form:document-tree-one:__root__:new-root-chapter-name-button") is undefined{code}

In the generated HTML page the popup OK button appears as:

{code:xml}<input id="tree-form:document-tree-one:__root__:new-root-chapter-name-button" type="submit" name="tree-form:document-tree-one:__root__:new-root-chapter-name-button" value="OK" onclick="jsf.util.chain(this,event,'RichFaces.$(\'tree-form:document-tree-one:__root__:add-root-chapter-popup\').hide(); return true;','RichFaces.ajax(this,event,{&quot;parameters&quot;:{&quot;javax.faces.behavior.event&quot;:&quot;action&quot;,&quot;org.richfaces.ajax.component&quot;:&quot;tree\\u002Dform:document\\u002Dtree\\u002Done:__root__:new\\u002Droot\\u002Dchapter\\u002Dname\\u002Dbutton&quot;} ,&quot;sourceId&quot;:this} )');return false" />{code}

What's wrong with this? The popup just doesn't submit the form. The IDs used in the generated RichFaces.$() expression appear to be correct if you ask me.

Note, that using an <a4j:commandButton> makes no difference here.

Can anyone help?

Karsten