Thanks for the clarification about the Proxy.
ProxyPass / http://<otherserver>:7080
ProxyPassReverse / http://<otherserver>:7080
works, except on strange issue:
When trying to log in, i get the error "Database not available".
When i then press F5 i instantly get to the dashboard and all works o0
I encountered the "Database not available" message after attempting to proxy RHQ using mod_proxy...
I managed to get it to work as expected though using the following configuration.
# Used by JON
ProxyPass /jon balancer://jon
ProxyPassReverse /jon balancer://jon
ProxyPass /installer balancer://jon/installer
ProxyPassReverse /installer balancer://jon/installer
ProxyPass /resource balancer://jon/resource
ProxyPassReverse /resource balancer://jon/resource
ProxyPass /a4j balancer://jon/a4j
ProxyPassReverse /a4j balancer://jon/a4j
ProxyPass /css balancer://jon/css
ProxyPassReverse /css balancer://jon/css
ProxyPass /js balancer://jon/js
ProxyPassReverse /js balancer://jon/js
ProxyPass /images balancer://jon/images
ProxyPassReverse /images balancer://jon/images
ProxyPass /rhq balancer://jon/rhq
ProxyPassReverse /rhq balancer://jon/rhq
ProxyPass /coregui balancer://jon/coregui
ProxyPassReverse /coregui balancer://jon/coregui
ProxyPass /sessionAccess balancer://jon/sessionAccess
ProxyPassReverse /sessionAccess balancer://jon/sessionAccess
ProxyPass /j_security_check.do balancer://jon/j_security_check.do
ProxyPassReverse /j_security_check.do balancer://jon/j_security_check.do
At that point, I may as well setup a virtual host and pass / instead.
BTW, I was able to proxy behind a Location directive using mod_filter, mod_substitute, mod_rewrite and redirects, but the POST attempts would fail unless I used 307 redirect instead of 301. The 307 redirect caused the browser to prompt for confirmation on the redirect, as expected. Even with all that, which was kinda fun to figure out, there appears to be a fair bit of client side that is hard-coded. Yeah, yeah, I know you said that. So I said, meh for now.
I am not attempting to rewrite/rebase the /coregui and related URL behind a single webapp such as /rhq/coregui or /jon/coregui for the reason that is listed earlier in the thread. I am proxying behind https.