4 Replies Latest reply on May 9, 2012 11:58 AM by newway

Running multiple standalone instances of JBOSS on the same machine fails due to HornetQ FileLockNodeManager

newway

Hello all,

I am trying to run multiple JBOSS instances on the same machine - and I try to make them both run on the same jboss directory

I didn't take the approach described here Multiple instances of JBoss AS7 on the same machine - because I didn't find this article until today and I didn't think in this direction.

I also prefer not to use the domain approach because the 2 instances are deployed together only when it's a 1tier installation, normally one of them will be on the app server and one will be on the web server.

so I seperate the interfaces and the ports and the deployment folders but now when I try to start both instances - the second one that starts is stuck in

INFO  [org.hornetq.core.server.impl.FileLockNodeManager] (MSC service thread 1-1) Waiting to obtain live lock

I assume this is because they are both trying to use the same data folder and I way wondering if there is a way to configure seperate data directories.

thanks,

Noa