3 Replies Latest reply on May 10, 2012 2:28 AM by swiderski.maciej

How to Manage the process steps in runtime

aalphan

Hi

I've got  a problem with administrating the flow of the process.

In my case the observer might change the step of process.

For example the administrator of the process shown below can cancel while user task 2 reserved and re create user task 1 for an other actual owner with changed content.

asd.jpg

i tried getTask method of TaskService class  to copy and add a new task with new content but get some errors with dealing hibernate to evict the task.

Is there an other way to manage the flov of the process without changing the bpmn file.

Thanks in advance

--

alp

• 1. Re: How to Manage the process steps in runtime
          swiderski.maciej

In my opinion you should more look into task life cycle methods (as defined by WSHT spec) rather than modifying task instances. For instance you could use forward or delegate methods (depending on your needs) and then setDocumentContent to modify task content (variables) of the task.

HTH

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: How to Manage the process steps in runtime
            aalphan

Hi Maciej

Thank you for your reply ,you are right i need more look into the task life cycle but in my case changing task status is not enough.

Administrator can exit the current task(human task 2 or human task 3) and restart the completed task which is human task 1 in the image.forward or delegate is not enough for this.

The image is not clear so first task is human task 1 and second task is human task 2 and third task is human task 3

• 3. Re: How to Manage the process steps in runtime
              swiderski.maciej

You can't restarted already completed task. You can create new instance of it but to do so you would need to model such flow in your process, meaning that it will allow transition from task 2 or task 3 to go back to task 1.

HTH