0 Replies Latest reply on May 3, 2012 7:43 AM by trevor.flanagan

EJB3 subsystem configuration for session bean pools

trevor.flanagan

I am running version 7.1 of AS. I have the following bean-instance-pool-refs defined and then also the strict-max-pool's associated. In my session bean class I have used the @Pool annotation pointing at the pool-name I require the bean to use. My configuration from standalone.xml is shown below:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:ejb3:1.2">
                  <session-bean>
                      <stateless>
                          <bean-instance-pool-ref pool-name="slsb-strict-max-pool"/>
                          <bean-instance-pool-ref pool-name="ExecutionService"/>
                          <bean-instance-pool-ref pool-name="LoginService"/>
                      </stateless>
                      <stateful default-access-timeout="5000" cache-ref="simple"/>
                      <singleton default-access-timeout="5000"/>
                  </session-bean>
                  <mdb>
                      <resource-adapter-ref resource-adapter-name="hornetq-ra"/>
                      <bean-instance-pool-ref pool-name="mdb-strict-max-pool"/>
                  </mdb>
                  <pools>
                      <bean-instance-pools>
                          <strict-max-pool name="slsb-strict-max-pool" max-pool-size="20" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>
                          <strict-max-pool name="ExecutionService" max-pool-size="200" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>
                          <strict-max-pool name="LoginService" max-pool-size="100" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>
                          <strict-max-pool name="mdb-strict-max-pool" max-pool-size="20" instance-acquisition-timeout="5" instance-acquisition-timeout-unit="MINUTES"/>
                      </bean-instance-pools>
       </pools>

My problem is that when I start my server the standalone.xml file is being modified and the elements within the stateless tag is being modified to become

<stateless>
                      <bean-instance-pool-ref pool-name="LoginService"/>
                  </stateless>

How can I prevent this from happening and for what reason does this occur?