7 Replies Latest reply on Feb 13, 2013 4:24 PM by pgmjsd

AS5RecoveryRegistry

cbertoldi

Hi,  I've dowloaded and compile HornetQ 2.2.10 EAP_GA_BUILD2.

After installing it, when I start JBoss 5.1.0.GA HornetQ can't start, due to the following missing class: 

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.hornetq.jms.server.recovery.AS5RecoveryRegistry 

I got around the problem by commenting the following lines from hornetq-jboss-beans.xml

<bean name="AS5RecoveryRegistry" class="org.hornetq.jms.server.recovery.AS5RecoveryRegistry">

<constructor>

<parameter>

<inject bean="TransactionManager"/>

</parameter>

</constructor>

</bean>

I searched for the missing class in the sources of 2.2.10, but I couldn't find it.

Is it harmful running HornetQ without this component configured?

Thanks,

Carlo

• 1. Re: AS5RecoveryRegistry
          johnson_shawn

I'm seeing the same error, anyone out there know of other solutions?

• 2. Re: AS5RecoveryRegistry
            jbertram

Try org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.recovery.AS5RecoveryRegistry.  I know this class comes with JBoss EAP, but I do not believe it is in the community version of JBoss AS.  You will notice that the branch name says "EAP_GA_BUILD2" which indicates it is for JBoss EAP.  If you deploy EAP builds into the community AS you will get weird stuff like this because EAP and the community bits have diverged.

It is potentially harmful not to have this configured because it means you won't have automated recovery for any XA transactions involving a HornetQ resource.

At the end of the day, you should plan on moving to a more recent version of JBoss AS (like version 7) since we're likely to phase out support for older versions of JBoss AS.

• 3. Re: AS5RecoveryRegistry
              clebert.suconic

For the EAP that file comes from the EAP Branch I think.

• 4. Re: AS5RecoveryRegistry
                johnson_shawn

Thanks Justin, using the class you mentioned seems to resolve the error.  I'd love to use the latest JBoss, but have had too many issues getting our apps working under it - third party stuff - i'll save that for another thread.

• 5. Re: AS5RecoveryRegistry
                  jcstaff

Can you clarify your statement. Can a JBoss 5,1 Community Edition server be upgraded from hornetq 2.2.5.GA to 2.2.14.Final?

* You state on one hand that the class can be found within a EAP branch -- but then state it will have issues if deployed to a Community Edition server. That tells me we are toast on this front until we update to JBoss 7 -- right?

* There is no equivalent setting in 2.2.5.GA hornetq-jboss-mbeans.xml. Does that mean we don't have automatic XA recovery in 2.2.5.GA as well and will be no worse if we did the same with 2.2.14.Final?

thanks

• 6. Re: AS5RecoveryRegistry
                    pgmjsd

I just had this issue myself with JBoss AS 5.1.0.GA, the community version.   I think what Justin proposed is to change:

<bean name="AS5RecoveryRegistry" class="org.hornetq.jms.server.recovery.AS5RecoveryRegistry">

to

<bean name="AS5RecoveryRegistry" class="org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.recovery.AS5RecoveryRegistry">

in deploy/hornetq.sar/hornetq-jboss-beans.xml

• 7. Re: AS5RecoveryRegistry
                      pgmjsd

BTW, changing to org.jboss.as.integration.hornetq.recovery.AS5RecoveryRegistry didn't resolve the issue for me.