2 Replies Latest reply on Apr 26, 2012 10:32 AM by mcupak

Richfaces jsf2 3.3.3 in Gatein Portal

schmu

Hello

We are currently working with Richfaces 3.3.3-FINAL, Portletbridge 2.0.0 CR1, Seam 2.2.1-CR1 in GateIn 3.1.0 GA.

But now we'd like to upgrade to JSF2, but we HAVE TO STAY with Richfaces 3. Then I saw, that there is the component Richfaces-JSF2-3.3.3, which should be perfect for our needs. Because of that I also had do upgrade the Portletbridge to 3.0.0-Beta2, right?

But the problem is, that the portlets can't be shown anymore because of this exception:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: com.sun.faces.ILLEGAL_ATTEMPT_SETTING_APPLICATION_ARTIFACT

at com.sun.faces.application.ApplicationImpl.setViewHandler(ApplicationImpl.java:564)

at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamApplication.setViewHandler(SeamApplication.java:376)

at org.ajax4jsf.event.InitPhaseListener.beforePhase(InitPhaseListener.java:92)

My faces-config.xml is empty and in the

web.xml I added the following properties:

<context-param>

<param-name>javax.faces.DISABLE_FACELET_JSF_VIEWHANDLER</param-name>

<param-value>true</param-value>

</context-param>

<context-param>

<param-name>org.ajax4jsf.VIEW_HANDLERS</param-name>

<!-- OLD<param-value>org.jboss.portletbridge.application.FaceletPortletViewHandler</param-value> -->

<param-value>com.sun.facelets.FaceletViewHandler</param-value>

</context-param>

That's how it is written in https://community.jboss.org/wiki/RichFaces333AndJSF20.

I also tryed to work with the following content in the faces-config.xml:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<faces-config

xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee"

xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"

xsi:schemaLocation="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/javaee/web-facesconfig_2_0.xsd"

version="2.0">

<application>

<view-handler>org.ajax4jsf.application.AjaxViewHandler</view-handler>

</application>

</faces-config>

But then I get the following exception:

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Caused by: javax.portlet.faces.BridgeException: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException

at org.jboss.portletbridge.SeamExceptionHandlerImpl.handleException(SeamExceptionHandlerImpl.java:189)

at org.jboss.portletbridge.SeamExceptionHandlerImpl.processException(SeamExceptionHandlerImpl.java:94)

at org.jboss.portletbridge.ExceptionHandlerBase.processRenderException(ExceptionHandlerBase.java:58)

at org.jboss.portletbridge.AjaxPortletBridge.doFacesRequest(AjaxPortletBridge.java:669)

at javax.portlet.faces.GenericFacesPortlet.doFacesDispatch(GenericFacesPortlet.java:598)

... 266 more

Caused by: java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException

at javax.faces.context.FacesContext.getAttributes(FacesContext.java:169)

at com.sun.faces.util.RequestStateManager.get(RequestStateManager.java:206)

at com.sun.faces.util.Util.getFacesMapping(Util.java:679)

at com.sun.faces.application.view.MultiViewHandler.getActionURL(MultiViewHandler.java:288)

at org.jboss.seam.jsf.SeamViewHandler.getActionURL(SeamViewHandler.java:74)

at org.ajax4jsf.application.ViewHandlerWrapper.getActionURL(ViewHandlerWrapper.java:86)

at org.jboss.seam.faces.FacesManager.redirect(FacesManager.java:168)

at org.jboss.seam.faces.Navigator.redirect(Navigator.java:55)

at org.jboss.seam.faces.Navigator.redirect(Navigator.java:42)

at org.jboss.seam.exception.RedirectHandler.handle(RedirectHandler.java:51)

at org.jboss.seam.exception.Exceptions.handle(Exceptions.java:76)

at org.jboss.portletbridge.SeamExceptionHandlerImpl.handleException(SeamExceptionHandlerImpl.java:176)

... 270 more

Is there anybody out there, who  knows or has an idea IF it IS possible to work with that combination of frameworks and when yes, how it should be configured?   Because I don't have any ideas anmore

Thanks in advance!

Schmu

• 1. Re: Richfaces jsf2 3.3.3 in Gatein Portal
          schmu

Am I really right that JBoss Richfaces-JSF2-3.3.3 with Portletbridge 2.0.0 CR1, Seam 2.2.1-CR1 in GateIn 3.1.0 GA ist not working togehter??? 

Or are there any Example projects for that? Or any configruation files, how they have to be that it IS working?

• 2. Re: Richfaces jsf2 3.3.3 in Gatein Portal
            mcupak

Hi Marc,

Portlet Bridge 2.x is compatible with JSF 1.2 and Portlet Bridge 3.0 is focused on JSF 2 support. I haven't tried Portlet Bridge 3.0.0 with RichFaces 3.3.3 myself, but I don't see any reason why it shouldn't work in theory. Having said that, it is something that has not been tested (and it's likely not going to be tested any time soon since the focus is on RichFaces 4 now), so errors are not surprising at this point. Even RichFaces 4 support is currently limited, 3.0.0.Beta2 as a beta release  focuses mostly on JSF 2 - RichFaces 4 and Seam 2.3 will be incorporated reliably in future releases.

Regards,

Miro