1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 96 Replies Latest reply on Jul 31, 2012 1:14 PM by jmnarloch Go to original post
      • 45. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
        dan.j.allen

Jakub, a really great deliverable by the end of the summer would be a "getting started" guide for testing Spring with Arquillian. Perhaps even two guides, one for Spring beans and one for Spring MVC. There is no better way to show off your work than to channel developers to the guide. We'll of course host it in the guides section of arquillian.org.

(Trust me, writing these guides is easy because you don't have to worry about anything except what you want to say and show).

• 46. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
          marius.bogoevici

Jakub,

Excellent news. I'll be very happy to mentor you through (with the help of Dan and Aslak, who have already pitched in ) - welcome and lots of fun! Let's get together some time this week or the next - IRC, G+ hangout, whatevs.

Cheers,

Marius

• 47. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
            jmnarloch

Hi again,

Dan Allen wrote:

Jakub, a really great deliverable by the end of the summer would be a "getting started" guide for testing Spring with Arquillian. Perhaps even two guides, one for Spring beans and one for Spring MVC. There is no better way to show off your work than to channel developers to the guide. We'll of course host it in the guides section of arquillian.org.

(Trust me, writing these guides is easy because you don't have to worry about anything except what you want to say and show).

I would be glad to do this. This is one of the reasons this project is so cool, that undoubtedly is has great potential, at least as I see it.

But first I got to work on the code to make it both functional and relieable.

• 48. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
              jmnarloch

Marius Bogoevici wrote:

Jakub,

Excellent news. I'll be very happy to mentor you through (with the help of Dan and Aslak, who have already pitched in ) - welcome and lots of fun! Let's get together some time this week or the next - IRC, G+ hangout, whatevs.

Cheers,

Marius

Sure, why not. I think that the next week will be perfect, becouse I will got lots of free time, so there would be no problem to meet at time that would be comfortable for everyone. We could start with IRC and then if needed move to any other media.

• 49. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
                dan.j.allen

Marius Bogoevici wrote:

Of course, you will get support from the whole Arquillian team, and specifically Aslak and myself. That's the Arquillian ethos

• 50. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
                  dan.j.allen

Jakub Narloch wrote:

Hi again,

Dan Allen wrote:

I would be glad to do this. This is one of the reasons this project is so cool, that undoubtedly is has great potential, at least as I see it.

Excellent. And thanks for appreciating the effort. We really put a lot of care into them and it already seems to be helping users a ton. Win!

But first I got to work on the code to make it both functional and relieable.

Absolutely.

• 51. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
                    marius.bogoevici

Win!

• 52. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
                      jmnarloch

Hi Marius,

Could I ask You to send me a email at email address from my proposal. I will contiue to post the progress of my work in this thread and in fallowing threads but some stuff let's say typicaly organizational we could discuss more directly.

Cheers.

• 53. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
                        jmnarloch

I had run into quite unexpected issue, I was adding additional containers for the integration tests (https://github.com/jmnarloch/arquillian-container-spring-testsuite) and it occured that the same tests that successfully had run withn JBoss AS 6 are not working with either AS 7 or AS 5. The sympthons are the same in the both cases the beans in the tests are not being injected, in case of the AS 7 I run the debug. But I only manage to came into conclusion that the extension on the server side isn't invoked, although the LoadableExtension on the client side in invoked and it's seams that everything is packaged into test deployment.

As for AS 5 I am aware that in current version some of the tests are going to fail, but the rest should work perfectly well.

• 54. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
                          dan.j.allen

Could it have something to do with the considerations of running Spring on AS 7?

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Spring+applications+development+and+migration+guide

Marius, of course, is more qualified to fill in the details.

• 55. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
                            jmnarloch

Dan Allen wrote:

Could it have something to do with the considerations of running Spring on AS 7?

https://docs.jboss.org/author/display/AS7/Spring+applications+development+and+migration+guide

Marius, of course, is more qualified to fill in the details.

Not sure about that.

I had currently fallowing problem. After adding for the remote AS 7 fallowing depedency

{code}

<dependency>

<groupId>org.jboss.as</groupId>

<artifactId>jboss-as-arquillian-container-remote</artifactId>

<version>7.1.1.Final</version>

</dependency>

{code}

I'm getting the fallowing exception:

{code}

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Test set: org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.AnnotatedConfigurationTestCase

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 1, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 0.87 sec <<< FAILURE!

org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.AnnotatedConfigurationTestCase  Time elapsed: 0 sec  <<< ERROR!

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create a new instance of class org.jboss.arquillian.test.impl.EventTestRunnerAdaptor see cause.

at org.jboss.arquillian.test.spi.SecurityActions.newInstance(SecurityActions.java:170)

at org.jboss.arquillian.test.spi.TestRunnerAdaptorBuilder.build(TestRunnerAdaptorBuilder.java:52)

at org.jboss.arquillian.junit.Arquillian.run(Arquillian.java:93)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4TestSet.execute(JUnit4TestSet.java:53)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.executeTestSet(JUnit4Provider.java:123)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.junit4.JUnit4Provider.invoke(JUnit4Provider.java:104)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.util.ReflectionUtils.invokeMethodWithArray(ReflectionUtils.java:164)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ProviderFactory$ProviderProxy.invoke(ProviderFactory.java:110)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.invokeProvider(SurefireStarter.java:175)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.SurefireStarter.runSuitesInProcessWhenForked(SurefireStarter.java:107)

at org.apache.maven.surefire.booter.ForkedBooter.main(ForkedBooter.java:68)

Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:45)

at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:525)

at org.jboss.arquillian.test.spi.SecurityActions.newInstance(SecurityActions.java:166)

... 14 more

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Defined default protocol Servlet 3.0 can not be found on classpath

at org.jboss.arquillian.container.test.impl.client.protocol.ProtocolRegistryCreator.createRegistry(ProtocolRegistryCreator.java:61)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ObserverImpl.invoke(ObserverImpl.java:90)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.invokeObservers(EventContextImpl.java:99)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:81)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:135)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:115)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.bindAndFire(ManagerImpl.java:236)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.InstanceImpl.set(InstanceImpl.java:74)

at org.jboss.arquillian.config.impl.extension.ConfigurationRegistrar.loadConfiguration(ConfigurationRegistrar.java:68)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ObserverImpl.invoke(ObserverImpl.java:90)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.invokeObservers(EventContextImpl.java:99)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.EventContextImpl.proceed(EventContextImpl.java:81)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:135)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.fire(ManagerImpl.java:115)

at org.jboss.arquillian.core.impl.ManagerImpl.start(ManagerImpl.java:261)

at org.jboss.arquillian.test.impl.EventTestRunnerAdaptor.<init>(EventTestRunnerAdaptor.java:56)

... 19 more

{code}

I tried different aproaches as described here: https://community.jboss.org/thread/171858 without luck.

• 56. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
                              dan.j.allen

Aha, I know what you likely need to do. You need to add the JAR file:

<dependency>
                                  <groupId>org.jboss.arquillian.protocol</groupId>
                                  <artifactId>arquillian-protocol-servlet</artifactId>
                                  <scope>test</scope>
                              </dependency>

It's not added by default by the AS 7 adapter.

This really needs to go into the getting started guide. I've been avoiding it because...well, I've just been avoiding it

• 57. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
                                dan.j.allen

You can read about it in the following README from the JBoss BOM project:

https://github.com/jboss/jboss-bom/tree/master/jboss-javaee-6.0-with-tools

• 58. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
                                  jmnarloch

Thanks Dan, You saved my day

{code}

-------------------------------------------------------

T E S T S

-------------------------------------------------------

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.AnnotatedConfigurationTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 19.626 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.ApplicationContextTestCase

Tests run: 3, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 5.496 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.DefaultEmployeeRepositoryTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.438 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.DefaultEmployeeServiceTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.865 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.EmployeeControlerTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 6.974 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.EmployeeControllerContextTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 7.016 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.EmployeeControllerContextWebInitTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 6.288 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.EmployeeControllerWebInitTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 5.36 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.InheritedConfigurationTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1, Time elapsed: 0.001 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.NoConfigurationTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.254 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.NoMatchingBeanTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 4.181 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.NullEmployeeRepositoryTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.645 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.PackageConfigurationTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.884 sec

Running org.jboss.arquillian.spring.testsuite.test.XmlConfigurationTestCase

Tests run: 1, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0, Time elapsed: 3.963 sec

Results :

Tests run: 16, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 1

{code}

• 59. Re: GSoC - Arquillian Spring Integration
                                    dan.j.allen

Green bar!