7 Replies Latest reply on May 7, 2012 9:11 AM by vrockai

GateIn Query

khkh82

Dear,

Could you provide us sample code that's connected jcr repository, and retrieve profile information?

As, I can't find a referance for such.

Thanks

• 1. Re: GateIn Query
          jferreyram

Hi

I'm sorry, I don't understand your purpose. If you want to get some info about portals, pages, etc, so you might use a connection with JCR through the API. But, if you want to get info about users, so you must use another ways, which are related to IDM module.

Regards

Jorge

• 2. Re: GateIn Query
            khkh82

Thanks for your reply.

Actually, the main purpose is retrive all profile information include name, IM, Mob., Experiance, and Network.

So, I need to connect IDM and retrieve all information.

Your support is appreciated.

Regards,

• 3. Re: GateIn Query
              vstorm83

Did you try :

ExoContainer container = PortalContainer.getInstance();

OrganizationService service = (OrganizationService)container.getComponentInstance(OrganizationService.class);

This service provide some dao object that allow to query for user info

• 4. Re: GateIn Query
                khkh82

Dear,

Could you provide me at least which file should be referenced to create connection, and what Query builder used to retrive profile information, I mean what the query syntax at least? besides, any document was explained gatein jcr & idm archietect would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 5. Re: GateIn Query
                  theute

You should not go down to the persistence layer to retrieve profile information, you should use the Organization Service API

• 6. Re: GateIn Query
                    khkh82

Actuallty, I'm just looking to retrieve information using java container rather than Portal/Portlet container.

in other words, using java main class.

So, which jar's should I referances to achieve this.?

Thanks

• 7. Re: GateIn Query
                      vrockai

Hi,

There are some examples in the Picketlink IDM source code, i.e.:

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/picketlink/idm/tags/1.3.1.GA/example/

Another good example used to learn how to use IDM basic functions is the original testsuite for the project, i.e.:

http://anonsvn.jboss.org/repos/picketlink/idm/tags/1.3.1.GA/